Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 7:27:58 PM EDT
Hey guys I've read and read and gonna order some ammo. Haven't shot my 8" 300 pistol yet but if I read correct (I'm unsuppressed) I can shoot both sub sonic and supersonic correct. Don't want to order the ammo and start having issues with the gun
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Just an 8"  andro corp barrel, psa lower, aero upper psa nib bcg, kak flash can
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Buffer is just a kak pistol buffer. Whatever comes with the shockwave tube kit
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine won't cycle subs without a suppressor.  I have a 9" barrel pistol length gas tube ->  http://yhm.net/yhm-71-t.html

When I got my barrel, the paperwork that came with it stated it needed a suppressor to be able to cycle subs.  My gas block is the same size as the gas port, I'd probably have to drill the barrel and get an adjustable gas block to cycle subs.

I'm going to get a suppressor at some point so I'm not going to mess with all that and will just wait until I get one before using subs.

You should be able to shoot supers without any kind of problem.

You could just get some subs from your local gun shop, get a box of each brand of subsonic they have, and see how they perform in your firearm before you buy any in bulk.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If its an sbr and you can shoulder it, I bet it will cycle most factory subs.

I was told by Ballistic Advantage (they make Andro's barrels) that their 8" modern series barrels use a .106 gas port which is pretty big.

Even so, if you are having to use a cheek weld it's more likely to short stroke unless you apply some forward pressure, like with a single point sling, to prevent the equivalent of "limp wristing."
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Instead of listening to some bad info in this thread, you should contact Andro to be sure. I have and yes, your barrel will run it all unsuppressed with the buffer and spring you have.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Instead of listening to some bad info in this thread, you should contact Andro to be sure. I have and yes, your barrel will run it all unsuppressed with the buffer and spring you have.
View Quote

Not certain which posts the "bad info" was directed to, but pretty much everything in my post came directly from the owner of Andro Corp.
And in my case, he was 100% correct.

There's this thread too...

Cycling 300blk Subs without Suppressor
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not certain which posts the "bad info" was directed to, but pretty much everything in my post came directly from the owner of Andro Corp.
And in my case, he was 100% correct.

There's this thread too...

Cycling 300blk Subs without Suppressor
View Quote
Your information was good. The OP will be fine with his setup shooting whatever.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Fwiw, without a suppressor there isn't much benefit to shooting subsonic rounds report and perceived noise wise, and they are usually more expensive.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an 8" bbl on my Andro upper in .300 and it cycled subs just fine, also using a standard kak/shockwave buffer.  It just didn't lock the bolt open on the last round, I did put the heavier buffer in it and haven't shot subs since I've done that, but it shouldn't be an issue once I get my suppressor.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top