Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 11:42:53 AM EDT
I've seen a few guys cutting the triangular inner plastic out of their shockwave blade stabilizers and had some questions about it. I thought it looked cool and different from everyone else's so I was thinking about doing the same but don't want to get in trouble. I don't want to alter the design and then find myself in some kind of trouble with the ATF or something. I figure it's perfectly fine but figured I'd see what you all had to say. Also if anyone has some tips for cutting it out I'd appreciate them as well. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as your not shouldering I really don't think it would matter. Granted as is it is BATF approved technically once altered it probably is not approved (this doesn't mean it's illegal). It should not matter though. I am a hillbilly though so I don't know the facts or laws pertaining to something like this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You're overthinking it.  All you're doing is cutting lightening holes.  You're not going shoulder it anyway, so the point is null.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top