Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 11:36:21 PM EDT
I purchased a Lord Arms billet set yesterday and I will be going from scratch. I need recommendations on the following with my budget:

Barrel $150-200 want to go 8" inches or so
Free float 9-10" $100-200 I like the fortis 2 kind of
Blast forward device that fits under the rail. $50-100?
Gas block $???
Buffer recommendation?

I am building a .300 aac pistol by the way. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I purchased a Lord Arms billet set yesterday and I will be going from scratch. I need recommendations on the following with my budget:

Gas block $???
Buffer recommendation?

View Quote

Can not help you since I do not have a .300 But here is a free bump.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:25:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gas block $???
Buffer recommendation?

View Quote

Starting my own 300 blk pistol build.  

Barrel:  Ballistic Advantage Hanson.  It comes with a pinned gas block, so you can kill two birds with one stone.
I went with a 10.3" from RTB. http://www.righttobear.com/Ballistic-Advantage-10-3-300-Blackout-Hanson-Ba-p/babl300007f.htm
If you are looking for 8.3" it looks like Granite Ridge has them.  http://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/300-Blackout_c70.htm
Handguard:  I love my Diamonhead VRS-T on a previous build.  May go with them again, or may try something different.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

blast forward device that fits under the rail. $50-100?  I have a BRT linear comp on a couple builds and they work fine and aren't much different in size/weight than a birdcage. Cost $50

Gas block $??? Are you looking for adjustable or not? I just drill and tap a regular low profile GB and use a screw in it to regulate gas flow.

Buffer recommendation? Not sure what gas port size your barrel is, so you should start standard and see how it shoots first. Then change if you need to. If you go adjustable GB you might be able to just turn the gas down if the gas port is too large.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I second the BRT comp
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up an andro corp 8" barrel, low profile gas block and gas tube for I want to say $165 with the ar15.com discount. Great quality, will be using them for all my future builds
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I would recommend adjustable gas blocks on every AR especially on pistols. The ability to fine tune your gas can help smooth out other issues you get when you deviate from the standard length gas systems.
I have the SLR Rifleworks gas block on my 7.5" pistol and really like it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top