Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 12:51:40 AM EDT
To all who can assist. I have finally been given the ok to convert to an SBR. I have never seen a buffer tube without a castle nut. I am attempting to remove this type of setup and can not get the job done. Any tricks or tips are most welcome. Thank you in advance fellow gunners.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The only receiver extension I have seen without castle nuts have been on pistols.

If it is a pistol it is possible loctite may have been used on the receiver extension.

Heat will cause the loctite to loosen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, it unscrews lefty loosey like any other.

If you don't have a strap wrench and you don't care about marring it up, put receiver in holder and use a pipe wrench. Grab it close to the receiver.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you. I will investigate a bit further.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
For heat... if you have a Harbor Freight they carry heat guns.  Kinda like a blow dryer but much hotter!
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Some pistol receiver tubes are cut for an A2 stock wrench on the back of the tube. Should take a little over 40ft\lb to remove.  After that your probably fighting loctite and will need to apply heat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I just noticed my PSA pistol lower had no castle nut the other day.  Glad I'm not the only one without a nut.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top