Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2017 2:18:24 AM EDT
Hey all,

Here is a photo of my Dead Foot Arms Modified Cycling System folding stock on a 14.5" pinned AR:

I love the folding stock, but now I think I want to build a 300 blk out pistol and use it for that (kak tube + shockwave will get attached to the MCS folder).

Now I am also thinking about pairing this with a dolos quickchange barrel system.  The DFA MCS will be slightly more bulky than the law tactical folder, but it will be able to fire while still folded.

In order to make this as small as possible, I'm thinking about doing a Faxon 7.5" 300 blk out barrel and the 7.25" YHM handguard.  When I use the Dolos system, will this create extra space which will push the handguard past the length of the end of the barrel?  If so, I may have to use an 8" barrel instead.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You might have to "experiment" with fitment of different muzzle devices to get it to clear the handguard.

I used the YHM-5310 KR7 handguard, which is 7.3" with a 7.5" 5.56 barrel.  I don't think the end of the barrel quite cleared the handguard once it everything was put together.

I had to be careful with which muzzle device I put on it, but ended up using a SiCo Trifecta FH, and the opening on the FH baffles is about 1/2" past the end of the handguard now, so GTG if you're careful.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Dremel is your friend.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top