Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 11:57:58 AM EDT
Looking for blast forward and flash suppression on a 12.5" barrel.  Do the 2 piece cans on eBay work? Is there any other, shorter devices I could use?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Dpms Levang. I have both and prefer the Levang because it smaller/lighter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a KAK micro can for $20 a couple months ago.  It's a 1 piece and aluminum, but works pretty well.

It's the same weight and length of an A2 birdcage which is nice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel as if a flash hider on a 11.5/12.5" barrel isn't bad at all. I tried out an 11.5" with a PWS Triad and I was pleasantly surprised. The Smith Vortex probably works even better.

Also adding a full size Krink/Flash Can to a 12.5" barrel puts you at about 14.5"-15" of over all barrel length. Id rather have a pinned 14.5" rifle at that point. Unless you want to keep it a pistol for ccw reasons, I wouldn't bother with a longer muzzle device.

If you do decide on a linear compensator I would go with the Kaw Valley, BRT Linear Comp, or a KAK Can Micro.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I put one of these little guys on my 11.5"
$30 or so, off Ebay. Seems to work good outdoors. Still loud as heck inside.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top