Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2016 12:56:45 AM EDT
Just picked up a ATI Milsport 9mm Pistol and then I bought the shockwave.  Surprisingly the buffer tube has a smaller diameter than the Shockwave.  Any one got some ideas to stabilize the arm brace on the tube?  Yeah I know, I can buy the KAK buffer tube but I want to keep what came on it because it actually flares about two thirds of the way down to the lower.  

Some type of plastic shim?  2 sided tape?  Velcro Strip?  I'm open to ideas.  Won't see a lot of hard use but will ride in a bag in the trunk often.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
My CMMG  MK9 also has a smaller diameter tube. I simply wrapped electric tape around the tube until the blade fit nice and snug, then gently tightened the bolt. You would never know the tape is under the blade unless you took it off. The only issue with this is, if you plan to adjust the length often.  I have shot about 500 rounds and it hasn't budged.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Electrical tape works just fine, wrap unit it fits snug then tighten the set screw.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds easy enough.  Thanks for the replies.   I'll do that tomorrow.  It's a cool lil' set up and look forward to a range trip to test it out.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Lotsa folks used electrical tape on the SB15 and SBX braces too, depending on tube. It seems to be the defacto specification now.  

- OS
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Gaffers tape. Will do everything that electrical tape will do in this application but not fall apart after contact with chemicals or a few years of time.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top