Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 1:48:10 PM EDT
As the title says, Will a KAK shockwave blade fit on an A2 tube? What about the Sig brace?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Both will go over a rifle tube, but according to most reports, you'll probably need to build up diameter of tube a bit with tape or whatever.

Of course, you'll need to deal with the takedown pin detente/spring in one of a couple of ways too.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both will go over a rifle tube, but according to most reports, you'll probably need to build up diameter of tube a bit with tape or whatever.

Of course, you'll need to deal with the takedown pin detente/spring in one of a couple of ways too.

- OS
View Quote

Thanks, Its not for an AR, but using it to hit 26" on another "Pistol"
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought when they measured OAL that would include the blade? Since it's held in place with a set screw and not adjustable without tools that makes it a permanent part of the pistol, correct?

Or is OAL a state to state thing? I know not all states have an OAL requirement (mine doesn't), but does each state that does have different rules for measuring?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought when they measured OAL that would include the blade? Since it's held in place with a set screw and not adjustable without tools that makes it a permanent part of the pistol, correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No. So far, only the "butt of the stock" or the "extreme rearward point of the firearm" have been well cited by ATF as counting in OAL Since pistols cannot have a stock, it's the firearm itself, which in the case of conventional AR means the end of the buffer tube.It has been gray whether an added buffer tube on a firearm that doesn't need it for operation wouldn't count either, but never been a specific ruling on that AFAIK, though seems they have indeed allowed that for the Black Aces shotgun with less than 18" barrel.

Quoted:Or is OAL a state to state thing? I know not all states have an OAL requirement (mine doesn't), but does each state that does have different rules for measuring?

Only two or three states have an OAL rule regarding max length of a handgun. Dunno if they measure exactly same as Feds or not, never had confirmation regarding muzzle device for one thing. One state (MI I believe?), has the 26" SBR rule same as Feds, but unlike Feds, measure OAL with folding stocks in folded position, dunno about telescoping ones.

- OS
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top