Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2016 4:08:56 PM EDT
Picking out parts for a 9" .300 blackout pistol. Looking at the warcomp for the muzzle. Any reason NOT to do this? As in, is it a waste of money or not beneficial? Anyone else done it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If you plan on running a Surefire suppressor then sure why not?  If not, I wouldn't IMO.  I had an expensive non-suppressor mount brake/blast shield and quickly realized I should have spent the money elsewhere.  Sold it for a loss.  The muzzle blast of my 9.5" .300 isn't nearly as bad as my 16" 5.56 was with a Surefire Procomp brake.

As always YMMV and certain terms and conditions may apply.  I found that using a brake with a short barrel would pepper my support hand with micro shrapnel or powder, not sure exactly what it was. It didn't hurt but it was annoying.  So I found myself using the blast shield 100% of the time which did the same job a $25 flash can could do. Now I just use a standard A2 until I can save up for a can.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a warcomp on my 8" pistol.  I do not notice much blast. I have not shot it with any other muzzle device so that may not mean much. The warcomp seems to be mostly a flash hider with minimal compensating abilities. I do plan on getting the .300sps suppressor so this was a big reason for picking it. If you aren't going to use a suppressor you can probably find something else that is cheaper/shorter.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top