User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2016 5:42:52 PM EDT
Do all KAK braces fit this loose?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a shockwave on the official KAK tube and one of a fluted pistol tube that came from Palmetto state.  Both of the braces fit like a glove.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
i believe the Odin tube is made for the sig braces not the shockwave diameter
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
All I know is that the KAK Shockwave buffer tube and both their end-plate, as well as a BCM end-plate, weren't "good to go" with the alignment tabs on the plates.

At the moment my castle-nut is double-staked, and I've thought about doing a spot-weld there to make sure it can't twist.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input.  Maybe I need to get a shockwave tube then.     This one is sloppy as a mofo.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, two parts not meant for each other. Get the KAK tube. Works well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input.  Maybe I need to get a shockwave tube then.     This one is sloppy as a mofo.
View Quote

The tubes made for the sig brace are significantly smaller than those the Shockwave brace was made for.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a shockwave on the official KAK tube and one of a fluted pistol tube that came from Palmetto state.  Both of the braces fit like a glove.
View Quote

Unfortunately the KAK tube isn't a very good one. I know this having three of them now. That said, I can't even use last one I got in an AR. Will have to be for an AK. Just crap finish inside.

Does anyone make a quality tube for the KAK brace?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the KAK tube isn't a very good one. I know this having three of them now. That said, I can't even use last one I got in an AR. Will have to be for an AK. Just crap finish inside.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are all three of your KAK tubes screwed up inside?

I just installed one and I'm not happy. It sounds like it's lined in 40 grit on the inside when cycling the bolt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the KAK shockwave brace and buffer tube and they are a nice tight fit together, no issues.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#10]
If anyone finds a buffer tube that fits nice and tight please let me know. Im at 25 3/4 OAL because of the KAK tube.

I can dimple a tube myself, Im not even worried.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Just received a Kak tube and blade and they fit perfect and the interior finish is as expected.  No issues.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought the blade thinking it would fit over my Phase5 tube but it doesnt. The Phase5 tube is too small. I measured and the tube is 1.24 on mine and the blade hole is 1.28.

I suppose I can use some black electrical tape wrapped around the phase 5 tube but I just ordered the kak tube to see if that fits better.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought the blade thinking it would fit over my Phase5 tube but it doesnt. The Phase5 tube is too small. I measured and the tube is 1.24 on mine and the blade hole is 1.28.

I suppose I can use some black electrical tape wrapped around the phase 5 tube but I just ordered the kak tube to see if that fits better.
View Quote

The KAK tube fits nicely. The main issue is it's length since you will need a 12.5" barrel to hit the magic 26"+ mark if you intend on adding a VFG. Other than that I have no complaints about it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top