Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 4:41:36 PM EDT
Every thread where someone shows their picture, etc...I ask for dimensions and nobody seems to care. I know...poor HK_DUDE:(

So, if any of you have either the SOB or the SBM4 brace, can you give me length of the brace please?

None of the websites has them listed. One does, actually, but it is obviously incorrect as it say 14".

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The original sig brace is 6.5" long, I would guess the new one is very close to that dimension so it would fit the multitude of extensions made for it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for you help, but I don't think they are all the same. I am pretty sure my SBX brace is shorter then the original SB15.

Anyone have the M4 or SOB that they could measure?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The SOB brace I have is 7 7/8 inches long. That does not include any type of buffer tube, that is the brace only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SOB brace I have is 7 7/8 inches long. That does not include any type of buffer tube, that is the brace only.
View Quote

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You're welcome!
I really like mine but if you are planning to buy this brace please read a post I just added about it: HERE
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Good info.

I juat ordered two of these.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/858993/sb-tactical-receiver-extension-pistol-brace-buffer-tube-12-diameter-ar-15-aluminum-matte?cm_mmc=se_service-_-shippingconf-_-shippingconf-_-ProductShippedTodayLink

They should fit like a glove, just not sure from pics if it has the groove so I can use an unmodified lock plate.

Haven't ordered the brace yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:12:10 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the buffer tube I used, I like the raised ridge.  Complete kit with tube, plate, castle nut spring and buffer.

Midwest Industries pistol buffer kit
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Those are nice. I have folders for both, so I don't need the extra length. The Law folder and the Ace folder (for CZ Evo) add a bit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I should be receiving my SBM4 brace ordered from Midway by Monday. Once I get it I can take pictures with a measuring tape for you.

I got mine for $115 shipped from them after a $10 coupon code, and it was in stock so it shipped next day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I should be receiving my SBM4 brace ordered from Midway by Monday. Once I get it I can take pictures with a measuring tape for you.

I got mine for $115 shipped from them after a $10 coupon code, and it was in stock so it shipped next day.
View Quote

That would be great. Thank you!

I cannot decide which one I want....maybe one of each

I am pretty sure that the rear of the SOB is closed where the buffer tube goes, as for the M4 one, I have seen pictures both ways. Please let me know that as well once you have yours.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Recieved my SB buffer tubes today. To my surprise (very pleasant surprise) they have a QD limited rotation sling pocket machined in. They don't advertise that at all. I am stoked!

Oh, and the do have the machine groove in them for the notch on the lock plate. Very pleased so far...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Received the brace today. Won't get around to installing it until tomorrow. It definitely looks a lot better than the original brace and is pretty light.

Here are the tape measure pics:

Sorry for the poor quality, they're just cell phone pics.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#13]
That is very helpful. The back where the tube slides through is open, unlike the SOB brace...that is a plus to be open for me, as I use a QD sling attachment at the end of my buffer tubes.

Bravo...thank you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is very helpful. The back where the tube slides through is open, unlike the SOB brace...that is a plus to be open for me, as I use a QD sling attachment at the end of my buffer tubes.

Bravo...thank you.
View Quote

Here's my pistol with the new brace installed.

I'll have to admit with this brace on there it's quite "handy"
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks good, mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#16]
HEIT_APDST,

How wide is your SOB brace? I ordered and received the M4 brace...its very nice, but f I use in with my folder assembly on my CZ Evo pistol, it is too wide to fold flat. I haven't decided if this is the end of the world yet, but I know I would prefer it to sit flat against the gun when folded.

Help!!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Hello? Help....;)
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone help me with the width at the widest point on the SOBeach?

Also, if the one you own is open in the back or closed as far as where the tube goes through.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top