Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 6:06:54 PM EDT
Just picked up a SBM4 brace a couple of days ago with the intent to swap it out with my SB15. Unfortunately, the SBM4 is 7-3/8" long and hangs over the end of my tube by 1 inch... something that bugs the crap out of me. Its also loose as hell.

Anyone know of a buffer tube that has 7-3/8" of usable length for the brace and possibly a bit larger diameter?

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one installed on a RRA pistol buffer tube, fits just fine
What tube are you using?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What tube are you using?
View Quote

Thanks for the info. The only one is see on RRA website is AR0113PASY, but they don't have a pic or any details. I've sent them an email.

I'm not sure who made the one that is installed on my rig now. It's not a KAK or Phase, just a generic SB15 buffer tube.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What tube are you using?
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the RRA buffer tube. After checking with several vendors, it looks like the RRA is the best option available.

I could be wrong, but is seems as if SB Tactical designed this without any consideration to buffers currently on the market.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a KAK super tube in front of me and it measures 6 3/8" between the points your referring to in the pic.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have a KAK super tube in front of me and it measures 6 3/8" between the points your referring to in the pic.
View Quote

I emailed KAK support early Friday and asked them if they had a tube with 7-3/8" of space available for the brace (even sent the damn picture too).  I got a reply with a link to their KAK SB Super Tube and ordered one Friday afternoon. It showed up today and confirmed exactly what you posted on Saturday, 6-3/8". WTF. I'm not sure how much more plainly I could have requested the info, but now I'm stuck with a KAK tube that does not work either. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with them ever again.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Even an A5 length pistol receiver extension without that ring would only be 7 3/16".
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]

I don't think anyone makes this.

if it were me I'd just find a cheap one and cut an inch off the end and stuff it in there.

maybe duct tape it to the existing tube, put some 3m sandpaper tape on it, spot weld it,use some heat shrink tubing, or glue it, or something

This one is pretty cheap and has a qd in the end. if you can get it solid enough that might be cool

http://damageindustries.co/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_97&product_id=352

or maybe grind the stoppers off the kak super sig and let it slide past to the receiver if you don't need the lop.

Or stuff some black sugru in there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
When I got the original Sig Arm Brace, I used a rifle RE and wrapped the tube it in gaffer's tape. Worked great
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top