Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 2:33:44 PM EDT
I just purchased my 1st pistol from ANDRO CORP and have to say it is a good one.
I looked at short barrel 5.56 ballistics and decided a 10.5" would not lose too much ballistic-wise, and accuracy would be good to (and possibly beyond) 200m or so. I also did not want to get into the NFA hassle just yet. So I chose the ANDRO 10.5" QR over a complete lower with Thordsen cheek rest.
PROS
1) Service from Mr Wilcox was outstanding. My first email was answered in minutes. Then an easy transaction, and fast shipping.
2) Price was very good, and frankly I was a little skeptical about quality but research showed the components to be of good quality.
3) Rifle received in very professional packaging. Properly shipped.
4) First inspection showed a very nicely done rifle: clean lines, with high level of finishing work. All surfaces were as nice as any AR I have bought. and all fitting was very good. This is a very well put together rifle.
5) Stuck a Tasco red dot I had laying around on it and went to my 25m range at my house. Ran 5 Lake City M193 through it with excellent results. (the red dot was not sighted in for this gun, but with just 5 rds shot last 2 in a 2" group from standing position). Cycle was flawless. Ejection efficient. Noise no worse than I have experienced with other rifles. Recoil about the same to me as other ARs
CONS
1) Only thing was the cheek rest was against some older, fat, ear muffs I was wearing and I had to adjust for that. I blame the position of the optic, fix is probably a riser and/or different muffs.
SUMMARY
This gun felt like an old friend with the 1st shot, and going to be a favorite. All in All, the best purchase I have made in a while. I am really pleased not only with the rifle and its performance, but the service I received from Mr Wilcox and ANDRO CORP. I do not hesitate to suggest this company and its products. Next up is the 300 BLK.
ANDRO CORP
FEEDBACK
AR PISTOL
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Added:
the trigger is very good for factory. I find equivalent triggers on ARs at an $800 to $1000 range. And I have certainly had much worse.
Also, I see I was using the term "rifle" a lot in the initial post - this is a "pistol" as deemed by ATF. I didn't want you to think I was totally dumb or new to firearms.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I purchased a complete upper from them too.  Can't wait to get it in and test it out!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to hear how you rate your upper. I usually don't endorse things but found mine to be real nice, so felt I would throw in some kudos for a good product.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have read nothing but good things about andro corp, there is a long thread on them, in the EE I believe.

Andro Corp, how about an 11.5 upper

OP, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine has never had any failures and extremely accurate comparing it to my 16" carbine.  Jason was also fantastic to deal with.  Great product from great people.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for Jason and the ACI guys, top notch product and service!

I hope business is going well for them! They are a model of how a gun company should be.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Another +1 for Andro. I put the poor guy through a mission trying to get a reply to my emails. After some back and forth on Facebook, I got  an upper ordered. I received tracking quickly and my order even quicker.
Everything looks great. Still have some parts to add to the build to complete but I feel certain there won't be any issues. I'll definitely order again when the time comes for another build.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm assembling some more ARs for some classes and ordered one of their carbine length uppers and one of their midlength uppers to try out.

They will get a lot of use. I'm sure they will hold up fine.

If they do well, I'll order more.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We originally carried 11.5s and they just sat there. 10.5 outsells them 100-1. Os we stopped ordering them.  With our volume levels we have to put the money into what sells.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have read nothing but good things about andro corp, there is a long thread on them, in the EE I believe.

Andro Corp, how about an 11.5 upper

OP, thanks for posting.

We originally carried 11.5s and they just sat there. 10.5 outsells them 100-1. Os we stopped ordering them.  With our volume levels we have to put the money into what sells.

I thought I remembered 11.5's in the past, good to know, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought an 7.5" pistol from them that I've now made an sbr and it has worked flawlessly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
My 7.5 upper is on the way and can't wait to get it.

Ordered mine last Saturday and want to say Jason is top notch and has excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:53:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ran out of BCGs and had to wait a couple days on more. You should have a tracking number by now though. All 7.5s have shipped. Thanks again!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 7.5 upper is on the way and can't wait to get it.
7.5s
Ordered mine last Saturday and want to say Jason is top notch and has excellent customer service.

Ran out of BCGs and had to wait a couple days on more. You should have a tracking number by now though. All 7.5s have shipped. Thanks again!

What about the 10.5's?
Edit: got it!
Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had my 7.5" upper for some time now. Must be going on over a year and it's been a flawlessly running pistol build. Like others have experienced, the service is top notch also. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I really enjoyed my 7.5 inch one. Tempted to pull the trigger on a 10.5
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

PROVE IT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really enjoyed my 7.5 inch one. Tempted to pull the trigger on a 10.5

PROVE IT!

I see a challenge. Check your email sir.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top