Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 3:49:58 AM EDT
I am building up an AR pistol and got a double star tube cheap. I was looking for a foam type cover. I don't plan on using a brace. What are you folks using and where can you get them. Thanks and pics would be appreciated
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought some one inch ID pipe foam insulation. I sewed up the split seam and cut piece of the foam and rolled it up and put it in the back for a 2 inch plug to get a bit more length. Got a supply that should last for years for $2.50. Note mine sets back far enough so the charging handle doesn't hit it and far enough back I get a good cheek weld for my scope.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I used 1 1/4" D replacement foam handles used on gym equipment. Similar to these: Foam handle

This came 18" long and it was cut to fit the longer pistol buffer tube. If you get them too thick, the charging handle contacts it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ideas.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#5]
10.5" 223 barrel

7.5" 300blk barrel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top