Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2015 7:47:16 AM EDT
I want to build an AR pistol and found a couple kits I like but don't know how legit the companies are. One is Karri's Guns and the other is Moriarti Arms.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not simply stick to known reputable companies instead of asking everyone else to do your research for you?

If you simply Google Karri's Guns you'll find the first page is full of reviews, mostly bad. I'll leave you to read them and then research the others on your own.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I just built a 10.5 pistol with the PSA Christmas special upper.  It's build quality is pretty good and came in at a decent price.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not simply stick to known reputable companies instead of asking everyone else to do your research for you?

If you simply Google Karri's Guns you'll find the first page is full of reviews, mostly bad. I'll leave you to read them and then research the others on your own.

View Quote

Well I couldn't find anything on moriarti arms that's why I was asking.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
What's your budget?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
i used one of the karri guns kits for my pistol. psa stripped lower, their upper and lpk.
I got the melonited key mod upper and upgraded melonited bcg.

there were scuff makrs on the upper.
the lpk had some harsh detent pins I had to work a while til they would let me pull the pins without tools.

but it shot fine and seemed pretty accurate.
I want to say around 550 total for the build. 464 for their pistol kit with the upgrades.

they also screwed up shipping. I only got the upper, they had to send out the pistol buffer tube and lpk seperatly as they forgot to send it with my original shippment.

for what I got I would probably use them again. but ymmv.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:.

There are other avenues to try then just using the name of the company.

Simply looking at the website I found the President of the company is Juliya Weisbrot of Hallendale Beach FL.

Googling her found this ,and this on the fist page.

Not recommending anything but this is NOT someone I would have any kind of dealings with.

This research took me all of 15 minutes on Google, just sayin'.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.kakindustry.com/
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 3:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Let us know what you liked about the kits from those companies and maybe we can help direct you to a respectable company has them too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about the 2 you mentioned but a lot of these companies don't actually make anything. They're assemblers. So you end up with a mix of parts from unknown manufacturers for a premium price.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Big bucks in this market and it has attracted a lot of scammers.  Stick with known names or do your homework on new names.  There are a lot of small parts being made off shore, some good some complete junk, be careful who you buy from.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's your budget?
View Quote

I'm trying to say right around 800 ish. And I want a 10 or 12 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top