Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 2:39:09 PM EDT
I've been looking at the adams arms 7.5" upper. I just seen radical firearms has one also.

AA is piston which I think <I could run 22lr out of it .

RF is gas , not sure if it will run 22 lr.

The reviews on the AA all seem good . Its also double the price.

I dont  know a whole lot about RF or their quality.

I was thinking about a 7.62 x39 upper , but the shortest one I have found is 10.5
I have to keep it below 26" with muzzle device.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a complete upper from Radical through Primary Arms to complete my son's carbine build. The quality looks good but I can't comment on accuracy etc as it's wrapped for Christmas. I did some digging around before I ordered and the reviews for Radical were good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've read about several issues with radical, but, I have no personal experience.

You could always search Google for this site. I recall several threads asking if they're G2G
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You're comparing apples to oranges here. You can't compare an $800 piston upper to a $300 DI upper.

First decide on caliber, length, and DI vs Piston. Then you can start narrowing down options.

To kind of answer your question though out of these two if money was no option and I was receiving the upper as a gift then I would choose the AA.

ETA: And that is because I don't own a piston upper currently.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Radical 10.5" 5.56 complete upper.  
No issues whatsoever after ~500 rounds (both 5.56 and .223)
Can't comment on the AA products
But another option for you could be Hardened Arms 5.56 uppers
Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been looking at the adams arms 7.5" upper. I just seen radical firearms has one also.

AA is piston which I think <I could run 22lr out of it .

RF is gas , not sure if it will run 22 lr.

The reviews on the AA all seem good . Its also double the price.

I dont  know a whole lot about RF or their quality.

I was thinking about a 7.62 x39 upper , but the shortest one I have found is 10.5
I have to keep it below 26" with muzzle device.
View Quote

I don't think you can run .22lr out of ANY 7.62x39 upper.
Radical used to list a 7.5", but I see it is no longer on their sight. Buy a PSA, I just got a PSA 7.5" 7.62x39mm upper my self.
As far as piston vs. gas, gas DI ARs have been around for 50 or 60 years now, I don't see a reason to go with anything else.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My 5.45x39 Adams Arms upper has been pretty solid. I did have a few issues with light strikes and feeding but those were magazine and lower receiver issues. After I replaced the firing pin with one special made for the 5.45x39 round, bobbed the hammer and replaced it with the heavy spring that came with the upper it has been 100%. The magazines from ACS needed a little tweaking with the feed lips and shaving a little bitt off the front of the follower on the bottom to make a little bit more of an angle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top