User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/1/2015 2:08:10 PM EDT
Shockwave Blade $37 shipped from schuylerarmsco.com, AR15.com dealer

I read the tacked rules thread. I didn't find any other posts for this and nothing saying I couldn't post deals.

I have no affiliation with Schuyler Arms. I found them on slickguns and looked to see if they were a AR15.com dealer before buying. I ordered one, I will report back, once received.

Edit, 11-9-15: I received the shockwave blade Saturday and the kak tube today. The two together is money. This is a great combo and easily worth the $57 I spent.

Both are well made, fit tight and are a solid construct.

+1 for Schuyler Arms, Shockwave Blade and Kak
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
This retailer any good? Never heard of them and thinking about ordering a few.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure. Schuyler Arms is a industry partner. Here is thier AR15.com page.

edit: Schuyler is GTG
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, they're GTG
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Schuyler is Good to go, I've bought from him a couple of times.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
To bad they don't sell the KAK SW tube.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Schuyler is a great vendor. I'm have bought from them on many occasions.  Great customer service, very quick to reply to any questions and ships fast.

This should be in the deals section.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Do these Blades fit on a KAK Super Tube? It seems it would, but would like some confirmation.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do these Blades fit on a KAK Super Tube? It seems it would, but would like some confirmation.
View Quote

They do but there will be some gaps they fit better on KAK tube that was designed for it. They also seem to work well on larger tubes like the PSA pistol tube
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I took advantage of that deal last week. Chris Schuyler is good people, received my order in 3 days.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Kak has the tube for 20 and free shipping on amazon for those interested.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]
KAK told me you will need a new tube if your replacing a sig brace with the shockwave.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
KAK told me you will need a new tube if your replacing a sig brace with the shockwave.
View Quote

Or you modify what you have to make it work which is pretty easy to do.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#13]
You don't need a new tube, mine works fine on a KAK style shouldered tube for a sit brace.  There is a gap, but the brace is sturdy
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I knew I shouldn't have ventured into the pistol forum
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You don't need a new tube, mine works fine on a KAK style shouldered tube for a sit brace.  There is a gap, but the brace is sturdy
View Quote

Is there a pic you could share of how it looks?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I am a perfectionist and just had to buy the KAK dimpled tube with my new Shockwave.  BTW, I sold my heavy, clunky SigBrace for this and didn't look back.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Schuyler is Good to go.  I'll add another "+1"
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am a perfectionist and just had to buy the KAK dimpled tube with my new Shockwave.  BTW, I sold my heavy, clunky SigBrace for this and didn't look back.
View Quote

Yes. Same here. Price of used Sig Brace easily pays for new Shockwave. Only way to go for pistol builds IMO
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, they're GTG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they're GTG

seconded
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Ah man, black only.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I knew I shouldn't have ventured into the pistol forum

+1 same here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#22]
The site is whack. It got to the processing order part then stalled and timed out.

Ok it finally processed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine has shipped. So far, so good.

I will put mine on my current pistol buffer. If it isn't a good fit, I will order a KAK tube.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have not read the whole thread but they are 100% GTG. Low prices and fast shipping, no surprises.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Mine has shipped. So far, so good.

I will put mine on my current pistol buffer. If it isn't a good fit, I will order a KAK tube.
View Quote
I put my shockwave on the tube that my Sig brace came off of. It fits fine, but the set screw leaves marks in the tube's finish, don't want to tighten any more, it might damage the tube. Definitely going to invest in the KAK shockwave tube. Added bonus of keeping the blade straight, pretty much have to eyeball it with a regular tube.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I got a blade and tube off the shockwave site yesterday. Anybody know how fast they ship? I haven't received any tracking info.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#27]
The shockwave and kak tube for it are really nice. My buddy shot mine and ordered his the next day for his AR pistol.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a shockwave brace and tube kit from kak today and a 10.5" CHF Upper from PSA also. Looking forward to building my first pistol.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where is the gap? If the shockwave fits snug on my current tube, then should be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#30]
FYI...you can get the KAK shockwave tube on Amazon for $20 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FYI...you can get the KAK shockwave tube on Amazon for $20 shipped.
View Quote

I have one on the way. Thanks.

Hammermill thread????? lol
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Got mine Put it on my KAK sig brace tube. drilled a shallow dimple and set the screw in place... Works perfect.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got a blade and tube off the shockwave site yesterday. Anybody know how fast they ship? I haven't received any tracking info.
View Quote

It is slow, about the time you decide they lost your order, you get the tracking. I was happy with ordering KAK direct but their shipping seemed to be about 10 days for me  IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Just checked back into this thread, will post pics when I get home from work

Gap behind shoulder, OAL is shorter than SIG brace

Gap around tube, diameter is greater than sig.  Brace does not wobble, however

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to place an order with Schuyler Arms.  They must be sold out of the shockwave brace can't find them on there site.  Just my luck.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd buy a Shockwave but only if I could remove plastic without greatly weakening it to accomodate a standard mil spec sized carbine receiver extension. If even possible to do without it falling apart, it looks like it'd be way too thin to hold up to any use before breaking.

Oh well, maybe the next person with a new 'pistol brace' design will be on that fits on a standard tube.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd buy a Shockwave but only if I could remove plastic without greatly weakening it to accomodate a standard mil spec sized carbine receiver extension. If even possible to do without it falling apart, it looks like it'd be way too thin to hold up to any use before breaking.

Oh well, maybe the next person with a new 'pistol brace' design will be on that fits on a standard tube.
View Quote

It's not flimsy. I wondered the same thing but was pleasantly surprised. Mine just arrived today and it's very high quality. The plastic reminds me of pelican case material that has the swirls as if it's mixed with a strengthening fiber compound.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's not flimsy. I wondered the same thing but was pleasantly surprised. Mine just arrived today and it's very high quality. The plastic reminds me of pelican case material that has the swirls as if it's mixed with a strengthening fiber compound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't tell if you know what I was saying/asking.

This is if plastic was REMOVED from the brace so that it would fit on a carbine tube, not a pistol tube. I don't use pistol tubes at all, so not an option for me if it'stoo weak with that much plastic removed.

Not a ding on the product at all, I just can't adapt it to meet my needs.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I received my Blade from Schuyler yesterday. It is well made and very strong. It fits the current tube and the set screw holds firmly, but I am going to hold my opinion until I get my Kak tube tomorrow.

Schuyler shipped it in 2 days and I received it 5 days. It was shipped in a soft padded envelope. Schuyler gets a +1, but I would like to have seen better shipping packaging.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I received my Blade from Schuyler yesterday. It is well made and very strong. It fits the current tube and the set screw holds firmly, but I am going to hold my opinion until I get my Kak tube tomorrow.

Schuyler shipped it in 2 days and I received it 5 days. It was shipped in a soft padded envelope. Schuyler gets a +1, but I would like to have seen better shipping packaging.
View Quote

I have ordered from Schyuler, always fast and GTG, I ordered my Shockwave direct from KAK and it came in a soft typek type package also.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is if plastic was REMOVED from the brace so that it would fit on a carbine tube, not a pistol tube. I don't use pistol tubes at all, so not an option for me if it'stoo weak with that much plastic removed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My understanding is you can't legally modify these products anyway. Not without a tax stamp at least...
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I understand your question and can help; I have a couple of these...the inner diameter where your buffer tube goes is actually a lot larger than a carbine or rifle tube by quite a bit. To get a tight fit on my carbine tube, I wrapped industrial strength Velcro strips onto the tube, then crammed the Blade onto it.
If you're thinking it is too long for a carbine tube and was wondering if you could shorten it, you could do that as well- would want to use a hacksaw blade for that.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think I understand your question and can help; I have a couple of these...the inner diameter where your buffer tube goes is actually a lot larger than a carbine or rifle tube by quite a bit. To get a tight fit on my carbine tube, I wrapped industrial strength Velcro strips onto the tube, then crammed the Blade onto it.
If you're thinking it is too long for a carbine tube and was wondering if you could shorten it, you could do that as well- would want to use a hacksaw blade for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a carbine buffer tube. You're saying the Blade fits over it, and with even room to spare?

- OS

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#44]
The shockwave I just got in the mail, will not fit a milspec buffer tube pictured above.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My understanding is you can't legally modify these products anyway. Not without a tax stamp at least...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, that's bullshit.

Sure, technically I'd need approval, but technically we ALL need approval. An ATF letter only applies to the personit was wrote to.

I'm not changing the design/use at all, so as far as I care, I'm good to go.

No way is the inside diameter so big it will fit a carbine tube.... but no, I don't want to shorten it. No point without a shorter buffer tube.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The shockwave I just got in the mail, will not fit a milspec buffer tube pictured above.
View Quote

Thanks! And ya, didn't think so....
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Gap behind shoulder, OAL is shorter than SIG brace
http://i64.tinypic.com/10fq99l.jpg
Gap around tube, diameter is greater than sig.  Brace does not wobble, however

View Quote

That's not a KAK Super tube in the pic. It' looks like a UAG tube. I have 2 pistols built with those tubes and the KAK Super tube is larger in diameter (1.25"). Seems like the Shockwave you have might be tapered from front to back or the tube is to have the fit shown in the picture.    

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I forget what brand it is, it's a KAK style I got off eBay.  I do not believe it's tapered, or it didn't seem to be when it was on my PSA pistol tube
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the link. I ordered one for my MPAP and just received it today. I like the shockwave a little better than the Sig brace so I'm replacing the one on my AK like I did a few months ago one the AR.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I received the shockwave blade Saturday and the kak tube today. The two together is money. This is a great combo and easily worth the $57 I spent.

Both are well made, fit tight and are a solid construct.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top