Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 3:57:31 PM EDT
I'm starting to build a Seekins 300 blackout pistol with an 8.5 barrel, and was wanting to make it as packable as possible. So I was looking at the Law Tactical folder and just wanted to hear some feedback first. Is it worth the $270 bucks? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
For portability alone, simply separating the halves does same thing, even shorter. But "deployment" would be slower.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For portability alone, simply separating the halves does same thing, even shorter. But "deployment" would be slower.

- OS
View Quote

I don't have one but initial impression would be this ^^^^

If they were half that price maybe I'd give one a try
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a tight-wad. I hate spending money.
I splurged and bought a LAW folder for my blackout 8.5".
Was it "needed". Not at all.
Do I like it? Uh, yeah. My assembled AR will almost fit in an Altoids tin.
I have less buyer's remorse than Hillary has integrity.
i.e., not a single bit.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Used my friends on his ar15 pistol and it's very nice. High build quality and portability in a descreet package is a given with this. It's very sturdy and locks out rock solid with no wobble. He is using the quick release handguard barrel nut combo, tac 16 suppressor, and a law tactical/sig brace combo. It's all setup to fit in a brief case and deployed in under 30-45 seconds.

If you email me I'll forward the pics to you as I don't want to post his out to the public. It's running a rainier ultra match barrel and Eotech 512, groups off bags around 2" at 100 yards. Pretty impressive for first time out with no magnification and about two years of piecing it togethor.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
....and deployed in under 30-45 seconds. ....
View Quote

Geez, I could easily do that with just separated halves.

When I mentioned "deployment" speed, I had in mind pretty much instantly, like a second or two to flip the LAWS into firing position. Plus they claim you can fire one shot even with it closed without damage with the newest version.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
That thing looks cool. I'd buy one if you divided the price by 10.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought one and I am thinking about getting another! They are awesome!

I use to separate the lower from the upper, but I much prefer flipping the buffer tube open and closed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely love mine. Ignore the nay sayers who do not own one.
Sorry, but I always love when people pan a product when they do not own it.
From the collapsed position to stock deployed is so quick it is not even worth mention.

Personally I have not fired it with the stock closed. I did see a YouTube vid where the reviewer did fire it and a small part did break.
The part that broke was related to the folding mechanism and did not prevent the gun from firing once the stock was deployed.

Yeah the price sucks
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I mentioned "deployment" speed, I had in mind pretty much instantly, like a second or two to flip the LAWS into firing position. Plus they claim you can fire one shot even with it closed without damage with the newest version.

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

It deploys in about one second. I like mine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Yep. That was my point. Deployment is the big difference. If simply for portability, carry it broken down, save 300 clams, and add 20 seconds or so.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got my second one installed.  Absolutely love it - especially on a pistol.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Who has the Gen3 in stock for a non-inflated price?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

You misunderstood....  He is using a quick detach Dolos barrel/handguard/barrel-nut that has to be indexed and locked with a quarter turn of the handguard. Then thread suppressor on, then a second to flip the law tactical stock open. That is also including having to open the brief case and get the parts out to deploy it.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all of the great feedback guys. It's been a big help.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who has the Gen3 in stock for a non-inflated price?
View Quote

Brownells gets them in quickly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I just got my gen 3 after what seems like a year or more out of stock and to my disappointment it wouldn't fit my pws. The bolt carrier extension won't fit pws bcg, I called law tactical and was told that pws extensions won't be ready until next year, so now I have a new gen 3 that I have waited forever to get just sitting there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Do these have a positive lock in the folded postion?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, and I like that it doesn't. I can pull it from its case and whip the buffer tube into place without hitting a button.

I believe you can adjust the tension, but I haven't tried it yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No, and I like that it doesn't. I can pull it from its case and whip the buffer tube into place without hitting a button.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So it just flops around, so to speak?

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:24:56 AM EDT
[#20]
There is some tension on it, but you could say that it flips around.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:06:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can adjust the tension

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#22]
If you want your ar to be the smallest package that you can deploy in seconds this is the option. It does at weight, so if light weight is your target this may not work for you. I own one, it is a carbine  and plan on another for a pistol build. Expensive, but you get what you pay for when it comes to gun parts and accessories
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Is it worth it? No.
Is it rad as hell? Yes.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I love my Law Tactical.  I have it on a 7.5' pistol, and it fits in my laptop backpack.  Very discreet.  For my specific purpose, yes it is worth it.  For just compactness on trips to the range, no, not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]
It is not really designed to fire from the folded position. May be "able" to do it, but I would not advise it.  Video review. High quality. Adds weight, length, cost.

https://youtu.be/At8HJcc54J0
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I have one on my 14.5 inch 7.62 x 51 and one on my 11 inch 5.56. Love 'em. Are they pricey? Yes. Are they worth it? To ME, yes. My Timney triggers are a little pricey also, but I spent the money and put one in every AR I own (4) and do not regret it.
Look at it this way. $270 is ONLY 4 maybe 5 fill ups of a pick up truck's gas tank.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked one up from a buddy. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#28]
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Law-Tactical-AR15-AR10-Side-Folding-Stock-Adapter-p/ar-fsa.htm

I am keeping my eye on this site.  

I would pick up another if I found a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone know if a LAW folder will work with a LWRC UCIW stock?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top