Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2015 11:12:50 PM EDT
I got in a 9mm complete lower and hit the range to try out my rifle.  Jamming was immediate and really bad but after getting home and examining the lower I discovered that the mag block is not secure.  The block I have does not have any way to secure it and I guess the idea was a friction fit so my question is do you guys think I can secure it with some type of adhesive?  Is this a job for JB Weld?

Edit.  It is a PSA mag block.

Update:  I talked to PSA and I will be returning the magazine block and then they will send me a new one.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds good to send back and let the company handle it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
psa had some problems with some of their mag blocks a while back (may have used a different source or something), this may have been and older one in their "pile" as i haven't heard anything but good about the block recently.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]

I got in the replacement block and it doesn't work either.  I am done with PSA and their non-functional mag blocks and am looking for one that works.  Thanks PSA for trying with a replacement but it is defective as well.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got in the replacement block and it doesn't work either.  I am done with PSA and their non-functional mag blocks and am looking for one that works.  Thanks PSA for trying with a replacement but it is defective as well.  
View Quote

This one?: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-9-ar-47/ar-9/psa-9mm-magazine-insert.html

No experience with it (the PSA mag block), but give this a try:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/439312_Spike_s_Tactical_9mm_Enhanced_Magazine_Block__DISCONTINUED__Alternative_found___Update_3_.html

ETA: Clarification on PSA block ownership
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]

That is the culprit.  Two stinkers in a row is enough for me to want to try something else although everything else I have gotten from PSA has been decent the mag block is not.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
If i read correctly the mag block is secured with the mag catch and you have to either remove the pin or install before the mag catch if building from scratch. Was that not the case?  Curious because i have considered one of there pistol ar's in 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]

That is correct.  You have to remove the mag catch as that is what holds it in place along with the bolt release at the top.  Maybe you will get one that works but I am pretty disappointed that I got two bad ones in a row.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads up. I'll prob spend a little more and go with the Hahn block or a dedicated lower. Not interested in being a beta tester for Palmetto.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top