AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have three of the Shockwave braces, KAK Shockwave tubes, along with the upgraded H2 buffer offered by KAK when you buy their Shockwave "kit". I recommend using the tube specifically designed for it. I tried two other pistol tubes, but the dimples on the KAK tube make a big difference in my opinion.

I have a black, FDE, and OD green versions. The FDE and OD match pretty nicely with Magpul furniture. I'm going to order a stealth grey version to go with an 8.5" pistol I'm building.

Oh, as a side note, someone mentioned KAKs shipping time in an earlier post. It really is incredibly fast. I ordered my last setup from KAK on a Friday and received it on my door on Monday...that's crazy fast. It shipped from Cali to S. Florida in under three days.

Ok, so before you say anything, yes, I'm a KAK fanboy at this point
View Quote

fastest shipping i have ever gotten from a manufacture. 2 days from cali to central florida.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
How long is the dedicated Shockwave tube? I have 2 blades- LOVE them- both on super sig tubes, and have put industrial Velcro fuzzy side around the tubes and it makes the blade fit right. I like the fatter tube but I want the length of the super tube...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Ordered mine on Friday and got tube and blade on Monday. Very impressed with shipping speed and product. ( Central Flarda' also )
Quoted:

fastest shipping i have ever gotten from a manufacture. 2 days from cali to central florida.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have three of the Shockwave braces, KAK Shockwave tubes, along with the upgraded H2 buffer offered by KAK when you buy their Shockwave "kit". I recommend using the tube specifically designed for it. I tried two other pistol tubes, but the dimples on the KAK tube make a big difference in my opinion.

I have a black, FDE, and OD green versions. The FDE and OD match pretty nicely with Magpul furniture. I'm going to order a stealth grey version to go with an 8.5" pistol I'm building.

Oh, as a side note, someone mentioned KAKs shipping time in an earlier post. It really is incredibly fast. I ordered my last setup from KAK on a Friday and received it on my door on Monday...that's crazy fast. It shipped from Cali to S. Florida in under three days.

Ok, so before you say anything, yes, I'm a KAK fanboy at this point

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How long is the dedicated Shockwave tube? I have 2 blades- LOVE them- both on super sig tubes, and have put industrial Velcro fuzzy side around the tubes and it makes the blade fit right. I like the fatter tube but I want the length of the super tube...
View Quote

Mine sticks out from the end of my receiver just a hair under 7", maybe 6 7/8"ish.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone figured out how to actually mount the sst3 to the shockwave brace?  I got mine in yesterday and it was likt trying to stick a square peg through a round hole
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't understand how the Shockwave is even considered a "brace" at all. It has no straps, no tunnel, and a definitive "vertical protrusion" obviously begging to be shouldered. It's like the same thing as a mil spec stock with the sides shaved off.  I don't see how it was even approved at ALL as a pistol brace. "blade for aiding in stability by providing lateral support"?? Seriously?... so does any RIFLE stock when used in that manner (holding out and pressing stock against arm). This is a BLATANT cheater stock and I wouldn't be surprised to see a VERY quick reverse ruling on this thing.
View Quote

"Cheater"?

What kind of sorry attitude is that?

If they approved it, then they approved it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Cheater"?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't understand how the Shockwave is even considered a "brace" at all. It has no straps, no tunnel, and a definitive "vertical protrusion" obviously begging to be shouldered. It's like the same thing as a mil spec stock with the sides shaved off.  I don't see how it was even approved at ALL as a pistol brace. "blade for aiding in stability by providing lateral support"?? Seriously?... so does any RIFLE stock when used in that manner (holding out and pressing stock against arm). This is a BLATANT cheater stock and I wouldn't be surprised to see a VERY quick reverse ruling on this thing.

"Cheater"?

no shit. i am just following the laws. for the record i resisted for a long time. the day i saw a pic of the shock wave brace (about a month ago, on this forum), and saw they were batfe approved with letter i instantly ordered 2 of them. after all i am just a law abiding citizen.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
people need to write more letters
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to try the Blade on my next build, it looks promising!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone figured out how to mount that caa saddle to the shockwave yet?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone figured out how to mount that caa saddle to the shockwave yet?
View Quote

There are a couple of ways that it can be done.  1. heat the center portion of the CAA Saddle with a heat gun to the point that it's stretchable but not fully melted than stretch it over the strap hold and in place.  2. shave the strap retaining loop on the shockwave (and it will look like the one included in the letter that comes with it this way) than use some velcro to hold the saddle in place.  3.  Get the CAA Saddle version with the notch already cut out from the saddle or trim the standard saddle and make it fit around the strap loop.   I'm sure that there are other ways but that's what comes to mind the fastest.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:46:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Well son of a bitch, that actually work and look cool unlike that ridiculous Sig Brace.

I thought about building a pistol lower just so I can finished building my MK18 10.3" upper, just to use until I get my stamp but the SIG brace is too bulky. Friend of mine just got one of these and it actually helps if you rest it on the inside of your forearm, don't even NEED the straps.

I thought it was all gimmick and just someone trying to loop-hole an SBR but it actually works. Plus using it off the cheek, this is more cheekable than say just a bare pistol buffer.

Color me impressed.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
What I'm wondering about is actually how to mount the saddle using the blocks and screws that come with the saddle. I have the SST3 already and the sockwave
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What I'm wondering about is actually how to mount the saddle using the blocks and screws that come with the saddle. I have the SST3 already and the sockwave
View Quote

I tried to use the blocks and screws and couldn't get it to work without having to drill holes for the screws to go thorugh.  I didn't want to do that so double sided tape or velcro tape was the best option that I could come up with.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top