Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 10:51:38 PM EDT
What pistol tubes(besides the Kak) are less then 1.18 inches in diameter and fit the Thordsen Engineering tube covers?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the keyed thordson buffer tube. It's a cross between a commercial and mil spec tube minus the slots. The buffer tube cover and Cheeck rest kit fit perfectly on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not use a carbine buffer tube?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not use a carbine buffer tube?
View Quote

Probably fear of it being constructive intent?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
This buffer tube works great for thorsden and adds length of pull. APF ARMORY.
link to APF
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Constructive intent... love how rampant it can be here at times.

Real team of lawyers here.

I didn't know Thordsen made them for 'pistol' type tubes. Probably selling my Thordsen though. Just not happy with the setup.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy the keyed thordson buffer tube. It's a cross between a commercial and mil spec tube minus the slots. The buffer tube cover and Cheeck rest kit fit perfectly on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This.

Quoted:
Constructive intent... love how rampant it can be here at times.

Real team of lawyers here.

Oh, so *you're* a lawyer?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
what are you not liking about it? thinking about going from sig brace to it just to see how it feels.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I have mine on a commercial 6 slot buffer tube and it works great!  With a single point sling connected at the end plate I get a very good cheek weld and solid shooting position.  The buffer tube slots are covered by the Thorsden tube cover and every collapsible stock I own is mil-spec (no intent).  My only gripe is the storage tubes will only hold AA(sloppy/noisy) or CR123 batteries.  The 18650 rechargeable I use for my lights will not fit  16650 would fit, so I'd have to add a few of those to my stash to utilize the built in storage.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What pistol tubes(besides the Kak) are less then 1.18 inches in diameter and fit the Thordsen Engineering tube covers?
Thanks
View Quote

The Thordsen tube cover / CAA Saddle kit is designed for a commercial carbine tube.  I bought a commercial tube/spring/buffer on ebay for $20.  Works perfect.  If you're one to worry about 'constructive intent' (I'm not) then fill the holes on the bottom with epoxy.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top