Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 10:55:19 PM EDT
Building first AR pistol, bought a KAK SB-15 buffer tube assembly, the one that don't use a castle nut, my question is should I go back and purchase the tube that uses the castle nut so I don't have to worry as much that it comes loose?

I plan on using this pretty hard, shooting it allot and putting it through its paces, anyone have any issues with the regular KAK tube working its way loose?

Can I or should I apply a little bit of blue loc-tite on this if utilized?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
that sounds like the one i used, it was on sale at the time i started my build. its only been a couple months but no issues so far and yeah i put a little blue loctite on it. and since you already have it just use it, you can always replace it later if need be.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that's the one
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
i thought so, it should work no problem. i have tried to turn mine by hand to see if it would come loose and no way could i get it loose by hand. but i did tighten it with a strap wrench too. not to tight though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]
OK I will run it for time being
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Blue Loctite FTW. In moderation, of course.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Agree on the blue loctite in moderation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
No real need for loctite, but if you do use it, make sure you grind the end of the tube to the right length before you loctite it in place
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No real need for loctite, but if you do use it, make sure you grind the end of the tube to the right length before you loctite it in place
View Quote

you know thats interesting, i have read a few posts where people had to grind on their tube so it fit properly with the buffer retaining pin. i had no such issue with my anderson lower and the KAK tube.

and yes i only put one tiny little drop of blue loctite just to make sure it didn't move since i don't plan on removing it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Working this entire weekend so cant install till next week, will report back on the fitment and how I like it, thanks for all the replies!!!

And by the way it is the exact on as you have pictured!

I want to use it in some classes and don't want to look like a dummy lol

Thanks to all!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#10]
i have this same tube. Do i need special end plate for it or can i use any ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Any end plate can be used, you just have to grind down the nub that goes in the slot ...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any end plate can be used, you just have to grind down the nub that goes in the slot ...
View Quote

Any "milspec thick" endplate. Folks have found that some of the thicker ones don't allow the original version of the KAK tube it to reach buffer retaining pin, was one of the reasons the "super" version was so immediately popular.

- OS
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had several buffer tubes that needed trimming or grinding a bit to fit and  allow the  buffer retainer to  work  properly. The 2 pistols I have  built  both  used the  lock ring type tube.
I bought them  just because it was what I was used to using and  it seemed logical at the time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Any issue with the brace moving to the left or right?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#15]
not on mine, i don't think i could get it to move left or right even if i tried. its a very tight fit with this set up.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top