Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 1:00:59 PM EDT
First, there is no vertical surface to shoulder, good to go. Second, the brace is legal to use if it's around your wrist, so, loosen up the strap and stick your arm thru it and grab the grip.

Hold as close to your cheek as you think is good.

Those who want to make it a problem will any way, at least you sort out the goats from the sheep.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First, there is no vertical surface to shoulder, good to go. Second, the brace is legal to use if it's around your wrist, so, loosen up the strap and stick your arm thru it and grab the grip.

Hold as close to your cheek as you think is good.

Those who want to make it a problem will any way, at least you sort out the goats from the sheep.
View Quote

Sounds like a redesign to me (mounting it not as intended).  Perhaps you should send a letter, make sure that's legal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Waiting for pics.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn't drink before noon.... Just sayin'
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]
OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKK.......................

Edit to add, you'll shoot your eye out that way!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
NOPE

We should be fighting to keep our rights, not looking for idiotic ways to surrender them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously, just use the thing the way you want and then "those who want to make it a problem will anyway".

Unless of course that is the way that you want to use it, then fire away I guess.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Not sure if serious ...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Just use the brace the way u want to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, I opened this to read something worthwhile and, alas, it was a waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:54:10 AM EDT
[#13]
If I had a sig brace l would just keep shouldering it and the ATF could send me to prison if they want.  I'm willing to go over something as petty as this.  I'd rather be in prison than a free man in a society that criminalizes putting your cheek on something.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Reasonable response to BATFE's anti-Constitutional moves.  What about the new brace, OP?  It's got flats on both ends.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, the new brace is flat on both ends, but the extension to space it away from the receiver works - it spaces it away from the end of the buffer tube.

My challenge to those who don't "see" it is to actually try it on a range. AR pistols aren't that inaccurate - it's a matter of shooter skill. Plenty say they will reach out to 100m, Ok. The typical hit zone man or game animal is 18" around. That's 18 MOA.

A stock is just an accessory for those who can't shoot it as well as without - same as any other. Can you hit a 18MOA target with your .5 -2 MOA barrel or not? It's just 100 yards. And to fit the profile of what a 10.5" barreled AR does, it's going to be a lot easier under 50 feet - stock or not.

The entire issue is that many are completely convinced a stock is absolutely necessary for precision accuracy, the reality is that a COM hit is all that is needed. Everything else is bragging rights.

If you need to be so good that you hit a hostage takers head at 50m, start practicing and learn how. You'll be lucky they are standing still. Otherwise, the brace is really an aid to help stabilize the gun for those who lack the skill, same as a red dot speeds up targeting - not accuracy - for a 20-something soldier who spends 50 weeks a year doing something else than shoot.

If you believe the militia is the people, we should be able to shoot better than the hired help. We did in the 1770's and had better weapons.

There are some fundamental issues that are being ignored in the rush to accessorize our weapons - and it seems style rules before common sense. If the ATF doesn't like how we style our weapons, fine. Take the at their legal request and deal with it. Adapt and overcome.

Turn the brace around and shoot it well anyway.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top