Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:43:09 PM EDT
I bought the DDmk18 pistol and SBR ed it.  I took the lower to a engraver today.  When the diamond cutter engraved it it wouldn't cut very deep.  Kinda just scratched it in.  He had two other lowers there waiting to be picked up.  A Dmps and a Colt.  Both were cut very deeply.  He said the the alloy in my lower was much harder the all the other AR15 lowers he engraved.  Are all lowers not made of aluminum? Does harder mean more brittle?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently, Daniel Defense is made of "stronger" stuff.

I've never read about anyone saying their DD components were brittle.  And my DD MK18 (pistol) and DDM4V5 rifle haven't had any problems.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top