Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:06:51 PM EDT
FIRST: I want to be clear that I do not intend to incite any arguments regarding the current turmoil surrounding legalities of shouldering the brace, what effect shouldering vs. attaching to the forearm has on accuracy, etc. Please keep the discussion civil and within the topic of firing an AR-platform pistol while the arm brace is properly strapped to the forearm of the shooter.

That being said - I was wondering if anyone else has shot their pistol with the brace as it's advertised and was originally intended? I should state I'm not handicapped, or otherwise physically incapable of firing a traditional pistol from the arm-extended one hand grip, so shooting my pistol with the brace attached to my forearm is done by choice, not by necessity.

I also wanted to start a discussion, as I've searched but haven't really been able to find one, on various techniques that people have developed for shooting the pistol with the brace strapped down. What stances are used, what optics lend themselves towards this use, specific drills that are beneficial to practice, etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion but please keep things constructive and on topic!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm running an aimpoint on mine. I would say red dot or an eotech is going to be your best bet running it attached to your arm.

I am not a lawyer so my advice is worth what you paid for it.  Firing a pistol from your cheek(not touching your shoulder) seems to be legal at least for today. I would say that is probably the most accurate way I have found to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your thoughts regarding cheek weld, but as stated I'd prefer the discussion just stick to firing the pistol specifically with the brace attached to the forearm (regardless of what other technically legal options there still may be).
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I strap it to my leg. Grindhouse style sans miniskirt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Is a brace worth it if you can then only shoot one handed, versus having both hands on the weapon?

I wouldn't think so. More contact, the steadier you are, the more consistant you can be, the more accurate your shots can be.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
my arm might have too much bend in it
but I cant see the sights at all using the brace on my arm
even tilted way over

to me seems dangerous if I was trying to hit something precisely

now just to blast away there wouldnt be a problem but I would need a really large area
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased mine with the intent to use it as intended. Proof: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/660349_Some_observations_about_the_SB15_.html
It is a POS! If ATF had looked at it much at all they would have realized it does not work as a brace at all, unless you don't use your sights. I already ditched my sig brace before the newest letter.
As far as optics or sights, a 1X red dot would be best. I have a 50MM Barska red dot I have used in the past and I drilled out the rear apperture huge, can't recall the bit size, but your apperture has to be big to use it when the gun is held out one handed. I put the pearce 1911/ar15 adaptor on my AR pistol because I carry a 1911 and it makes the ar feel the same as a 1911 and points naturally.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purchased mine with the intent to use it as intended. Proof: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/660349_Some_observations_about_the_SB15_.html
It is a POS! If ATF had looked at it much at all they would have realized it does not work as a brace at all, unless you don't use your sights. I already ditched my sig brace before the newest letter.
As far as optics or sights, a 1X red dot would be best. I have a 50MM Barska red dot I have used in the past and I drilled out the rear apperture huge, can't recall the bit size, but your apperture has to be big to use it when the gun is held out one handed. I put the pearce 1911/ar15 adaptor on my AR pistol because I carry a 1911 and it makes the ar feel the same as a 1911 and points naturally.
View Quote

This^^^^ It sucks and is border line dangerous. I purchased two of them for my two pistols because I wanted to shoot them while pretending to be a transformer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This^^^^ It sucks and is border line dangerous. I purchased two of them for my two pistols because I wanted to shoot them while pretending to be a transformer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I've actually tried it a bunch.

The only practical way I've found is old style target pistol stance.  Face 90 degrees off the target and bring your arm straight up.  Sights align right to the eye and fire away.  Iron or red dot.

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm no tier one operator with the upper torso strength to rip the head off of small Asian people (or anyone for that matter).

I get two or maybe three shots off before I have to rest my arm.  Holding 5-7 lbs out at arms length is not an easy thing for us couch commando's.  I could not do it withou the brace or something to stablize the gun.

ETA....I have not found a way to us two hands with the brace strapped to my arm and also aim.  I think a laser would be the only way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed! It would need to match the angle of your trigger hand to be of any real use. That blade device looked more promising as an actual arm brace.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've actually tried it a bunch.

The only practical way I've found is old style target pistol stance.  Face 90 degrees off the target and bring your arm straight up.  Sights align right to the eye and fire away.  Iron or red dot.Now don't get me wrong.  I'm no tier one operator with the upper torso strength to rip the head off of small Asian people (or anyone for that matter).

I get two or maybe three shots off before I have to rest my arm.  Holding 5-7 lbs out at arms length is not an easy thing for us couch commando's.  I could not do it withou the brace or something to stablize the gun.

ETA....I have not found a way to us two hands with the brace strapped to my arm and also aim.  I think a laser would be the only way.
View Quote

Yeah, that works. So does holding it sideways, compton style.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, not really Compton like flat but that may work too.  Like this is what I meant.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, not really Compton like flat but that may work too.  Like this is what I meant.  

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/images/05-09-08-man.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I found that style worked OK. I also could use my sights if I heald it on it's side, ejection port at 12 O'clock. It doesn't matter now.... I sold the stupid thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Interesting impressions. I've had the opportunity to shoot two brace-equipped pistols now, one with a MRDS and one with irons only. The first was a Sig PM400 that was available at my local range's "Sig Days" promotional event, which included Sig reps showing up with a bunch of sample guns that you could try out shooting at the range for free - all you had to do was buy the ammo for it. That PM400 came equipped with (I believe a Sig brand) MRDS, and when the pistol was strapped to my forearm I noticed the only real way to use pick up the dot and shoot it accurately was to cant the pistol sideways, as well as cocking my head slightly to the side as well. This combined with extending my strong arm straight forward and using my support hand to brace my forearm provided a stable way to shoot with the platform. I noticed, as well as my dad who had joined me for the day, that having never shot an AR platform of any kind before, OR having ever used a RDS before, I was able to pick up the technique and become very accurate with the gun very quickly - much more so than any other "traditional" handgun I'd ever shot before.

The second braced pistol I've shot is the Sig P516 7.5" pistol that I purchased as a result of trying out the PM400 that day. It only has the stock flip-up iron sights currently, but the technique I use to shoot the gun is the same - cant the gun and tilt my head so the sights and my eyes line up, strong arm straight forward, support hand bracing my strong forearm. Obviously shooting with the irons is slightly more difficult for me than the RDS, which is why I plan to make an Aimpoint Micro my next purchase.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#16]
One of the things I've specifically noticed however that makes the platform overall significantly quicker and more comfortable to shoot - the PM400 had the RDS mounted to the top rail on a riser that brought the reticle slightly further away from the top rail of the pistol than the stock flip-up irons reach. The riser helps when canting the gun, because it means you have to rotate both the gun and your head less distance before the sight is lined up with your eyes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting impressions. I've had the opportunity to shoot two brace-equipped pistols now, one with a MRDS and one with irons only. The first was a Sig PM400 that was available at my local range's "Sig Days" promotional event, which included Sig reps showing up with a bunch of sample guns that you could try out shooting at the range for free - all you had to do was buy the ammo for it. That PM400 came equipped with (I believe a Sig brand) MRDS, and when the pistol was strapped to my forearm I noticed the only real way to use pick up the dot and shoot it accurately was to cant the pistol sideways, as well as cocking my head slightly to the side as well. This combined with extending my strong arm straight forward and using my support hand to brace my forearm provided a stable way to shoot with the platform. I noticed, as well as my dad who had joined me for the day, that having never shot an AR platform of any kind before, OR having ever used a RDS before, I was able to pick up the technique and become very accurate with the gun very quickly - much more so than any other "traditional" handgun I'd ever shot before.

The second braced pistol I've shot is the Sig P516 7.5" pistol that I purchased as a result of trying out the PM400 that day. It only has the stock flip-up iron sights currently, but the technique I use to shoot the gun is the same - cant the gun and tilt my head so the sights and my eyes line up, strong arm straight forward, support hand bracing my strong forearm. Obviously shooting with the irons is slightly more difficult for me than the RDS, which is why I plan to make an Aimpoint Micro my next purchase.
View Quote

Was anybody there shouldering them? What did the Sig rep say? Were they adviseing people that it could be shouldered?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#18]
At the time I was there, nobody else was testing a braced pistol, so I didn't have any point of reference for how they were being shot. The rep didn't say one way or another, didn't really even mention it. I partially decided to shoot it that way because I was curious how it would feel to shoot it braced, and also because I wasn't sure if the Sig reps would yell at me for shouldering it or if the RO would have a problem with it. As it turned out it ends up not being an issue to shoot it strapped to my forearm and was a fun experience that helped sell me on purchasing my own 516 pistol. My dad originally came with me to try shooting it as well, but him being more a fan of the classics (every rifle he's ever owned has had a wooden stock and furniture), as soon as he strapped it on and lifted his arm he began shaking his head and put it back down, saying "No, that's just too odd."

I will propose this - the 516 pistol is the first AR platform I've ever owned, and I've never owned a rifle platform before either - I have very limited experience firing rifles from the traditional shouldered position. Perhaps part of the reason why I felt comfortable enough to shoot with the pistol actually braced to my forearm is because I hadn't had the traditional shouldering stance so deeply engrained in my memory yet. I imagine it would be MUCH more difficult for someone who's been shooting rifles from their shoulder for the last 20+ years to get used to the unusual techniques required of shooting the braced pistol attached to the forearm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone else have any input on this? Are there really that few people who have primarily used the brace as intended?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Most people bought the brace to shoulder it which is why there is the problem we are facing now and why you have so few responses.

That said, I have used the brace as intended to evaluate it. I found it awkward to use  however given the choice of being unable to shoot an AR style firearm due to physical limitations and using the brace I would adapt and overcome in a heartbeat. I think Alex did a great job and is to be commended for his work with our disabled Veterans.

As for shouldering it I found it too short to really shoulder good. Much like a M4 stock in the closed position. I would guess that in body armor the short LOP would be fine, again like the closed M4 stock. I also find the RE too short to shoulder also.

The extra weight does not add to the attraction for a good cheekweld either. I much prefer the bare pistol RE, or a thin foam covered one for a good cheekweld. I imagine the saddle option would make a good choice but I have not tested it yet. I would guess it would feel much like the Crane or LMT Sopmod stock as far as a cheekweld goes.

Such as it is the brace is best used as intended by the people it was intended for.

Just my observation.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I strap it to my leg. Grindhouse style sans miniskirt.
View Quote

I tired it strapped to my Johnson, but had to downsize to a NAA mini revolver
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I really like to use it with my arm braced. Its a lot of fun, and ,more of a challenge with friends when doing some target shooting. I run both my braced pistol, with Aimpoint micro dots. They work really well, and as the poster mentioned above you have to cant your head a little bit and go semi gangster style. I have taken shots like this out to 100yds and still hit man size targets fairly easily. Its definitely a great device, and one of the reasons Sig is my favorite firearms manufacturer .
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Reserved.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the continued input everyone! Still curious to see who else might have anything constructive to contribute.

Here's a question for those who have never shot their pistol with the arm brace actually attached to their arm - How would you set up the pistol if you DID intend to shoot it properly braced on your forearm? Serious responses only please, and I don't think we need a bunch of people just saying "I wouldn't." Please keep it constructive, thank you!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Of course, I first tried the SB15 strapped to arm. Found no way to actually line up sights with eye except to turn the gun most of 90 degrees gangsta style.

One big drawback of using it strapped -- if you were ever commanded by LE to "DROP YOUR WEAPON!!" ...  you couldn't.

- OS

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I would never use it as "intended."  That's just stupid unless you're an amputee
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Of course, I first tried the SB15 strapped to arm. Found no way to actually line up sights with eye except to turn the gun most of 90 degrees gangsta style.

One big drawback of using it strapped -- if you were ever commanded by LE to "DROP YOUR WEAPON!!" ...  you couldn't.

- OS

View Quote

Agreed! I picked up a SB15 last year and used it ever since on my Ar pistol. Luckily one of my friends was in a gun shop and the guy there told him about the new Sb15 ruling. He had been talking to the store guy about getting into an Ar pistol and he knew I had the SB15. That is when the store guy who owns a bunch of Ar pistols told him to pass on to me about this new baloney ruling.

I have never used it in it's strapped to the arm configuration. I tried it when i bought it and then again yesterday after finding out about this ruling. Just like "Ohshoot" and others have posted. The Sb15 when used "as intended" is great if you are an amputee. But to use it like that if you are not limited to one arm is senseless. You are much better off using a cheek weld, etc on the buffer tube. There is no way to get a conventional hold on the gun with it strapped to your arm "and" get a good look through the sites or red dot etc, at least not in the conventional sense. You have to hold it gangsta to be able to line things up. Your stance will be all crooked and using the firearm in any non standing firing position will be all but impossible while actually using the sights. You will be much more successful trying to just use the receiver extension on your cheek.

That being said, to answer the question as you asked about how would your do it if you had to. I would set up a red dot on a 1/3 or even a little higher base. others have mentioned this. The higher you can get the sight up on the upper will help in keeping the Ar vertical and being able to see the sights while strapped to the arm. Now that brings out other issues with having the sights so far above the bore axis, etc which is a whole other discussion.

My Sb15 is now sitting in the parts bin waiting to see what happens. Back to the foamy cushion on the KAK RE for now. I know if I shoulder it like this I still may get heat. But I think I will be less apt to without the SB15. I have neither the means or the time to be the test case for this ruling. And if you can not legally shoulder the SB, then I have no use for it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Great input, thanks everyone for staying civil and on-topic! Hopefully some others will chime in soon as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Most people bought the brace to shoulder it which is why there is the problem we are facing now and why you have so few responses.

That said, I have used the brace as intended to evaluate it. I found it awkward to use  however given the choice of being unable to shoot an AR style firearm due to physical limitations and using the brace I would adapt and overcome in a heartbeat. I think Alex did a great job and is to be commended for his work with our disabled Veterans.

As for shouldering it I found it too short to really shoulder good. Much like a M4 stock in the closed position. I would guess that in body armor the short LOP would be fine, again like the closed M4 stock. I also find the RE too short to shoulder also.

The extra weight does not add to the attraction for a good cheekweld either. I much prefer the bare pistol RE, or a thin foam covered one for a good cheekweld. I imagine the saddle option would make a good choice but I have not tested it yet. I would guess it would feel much like the Crane or LMT Sopmod stock as far as a cheekweld goes.

Such as it is the brace is best used as intended by the people it was intended for.

Just my observation.  
View Quote

+1

Pretty much the same experience I had.  When peeps started dumping these I was able to pick up the brace and a Odin pistol tube for dirt cheap.  It's kind of clunky to use and I have to turn the pistol over to a 45* angle.  It does allow fairly accurate shooting with a single hand, I was able to hold a 2" group at 50yds with my $100 no name 10.5 .223W barrel and a ET552.  That's about all I can do single hand unsupported with any type of hand gun.

Really works better with a red dot as I had poor results with iron sights.  Maybe you could use a set of the 45* offset buis that are around.  I may try that next trip to the range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#30]
The RDS + offset BUIS combination would be a great idea to make these platforms more practical while shooting with it braced! Thank you guys, that's exactly the kind of thinking and information I wanted to start putting together in this thread! Let's keep it going!
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone considered mounting a laser and using that for a sight?

CD
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote

Actually, this is my current plan for mine. Starting out with just a laser, seeing how well it works, and if I still need something more I can then purchase a more traditional optic. I intend to use my pistol for CQB, so a laser should do well enough at the ranges I'm expecting to use it at. That also removes the awkwardness of needing to bring the pistol up to line-of-sight in order to determine point of aim.

EDIT: While I realize this type of setup wouldn't be ideal on a platform that otherwise allows you to shoulder your weapon and/or a handgun which you can bring to line of sight quickly, it very well could be the best option for quickly obtaining your POA with a braced AR pistol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#33]
http://youtu.be/Izhir1txS6Q  not really that useful this way but it is a lot of fun.??
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I will update my original post with vid when the weather turns.

I don't know what the big deal is, I have no prob ringing steel at 100yds with it being used as "Intended"....
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Is there a way to "use as intended" with a vertical fore grip or is that a no go ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is there a way to "use as intended" with a vertical fore grip or is that a no go ?
View Quote

Heck yeah! I use one on mine from time to time & it certainly helps. Just make sure your OAL is 26"+ & you are good to go.

I am waiting on some 45deg sights to go with a 45deg. Offset mount so I can have my grip at 45deg.  Along with the sights. If you do this it makes holding the gun at 45deg much easier & using a proper stance you will find the brace fits on the forearm nicely while snugged against your cheek but it does not contact your shoulder.

Control is almost just as good as if you would have it against your shoulder. Thus far I have been practicing it without the offset sights. I have been using the finger "point" method & I can get pretty good consistency out to 100yds but it will be much improved once I get the right sights. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I've Got It.
The fix.
No sb15.
No shoulder.
Angle problem solved.
Wait and see. (if I could ever post a pic on this site)
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've Got It.
The fix.
No sb15.
No shoulder.
Angle problem solved.
Wait and see. (if I could ever post a pic on this site)
View Quote

I found the stabilizing brace to do just what the name implies.

My personal groupings improved dramatically when I added the brace vs not having it.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#39]
One of the major considerations in purchasing the grip for me is my lifelong hand tremors that effect both my hands from the wrists down. They make it a little difficult to hold a lot of traditional handguns stably. With an AR pistol with the brace attached to my forearm though the hand tremors are mitigated and I'm able to shoot much more accurately, with much faster follow-up shots. Not only that, but with my tremors being agitated by stress and anxiety, if I were to use a handgun in a real defense situation I almost certainly wouldn't be able to hold a non-braced pistol without the sights just bouncing all over the place.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
..... Not only that, but with my tremors being agitated by stress and anxiety, if I were to use a handgun in a real defense situation I almost certainly wouldn't be able to hold a non-braced pistol without the sights just bouncing all over the place.
View Quote

So you carrying that SIG braced heater around with you as EDC?

- OS
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
..... Not only that, but with my tremors being agitated by stress and anxiety, if I were to use a handgun in a real defense situation I almost certainly wouldn't be able to hold a non-braced pistol without the sights just bouncing all over the place.

- OS

Perfect truck gun, providing CO has no provisions against it. Just be aware the addition of a VFG changes the legal classification from Handgun to Firearm. An AFG does not, however.

If this is being used at home as a PDW/ CQBW then have at it. A suppressor might be a good idea if CO allows those.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a new SB15, and am wondering how I'm supposed to sight in my Aimpoint if I can't shoulder it or anything? I guess I sold lay it on sand bags and hold it one inch from my shoulder with cheek weld? If LEO saw me doing that then would they consider it shouldering? I haven't shot my new pistol yet because I don't know how to sight it in. I assume everyone without an SB15 can shoulder their buffer tubes without fear of doing a dime in the pokey, so maybe I should just remove the SB15?

Not to derail the thread, but again, would like to also discuss sighting in an RDS cause it sure ain't gonna work with one hand, brace or no brace.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Pssst...shouldering talk is verboden!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a new SB15, and am wondering how I'm supposed to sight in my Aimpoint if I can't shoulder it or anything? I guess I sold lay it on sand bags and hold it one inch from my shoulder with cheek weld? If LEO saw me doing that then would they consider it shouldering? I haven't shot my new pistol yet because I don't know how to sight it in. I assume everyone without an SB15 can shoulder their buffer tubes without fear of doing a dime in the pokey, so maybe I should just remove the SB15?

Not to derail the thread, but again, would like to also discuss sighting in an RDS cause it sure ain't gonna work with one hand, brace or no brace.
View Quote

Just put it on bags and put the SB15 against your cheek. The only person who is going to give your any issue with this will be the fudds at the range.

Or just find somewhere private to sight it in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why? For all I know you have a tax stamp and are good to go(in the opinion of the ATF) in shouldering your SB15 SBR.  

No one bats an eye when someone talks about SBRs.  Do you have to prove you have a tax stamp to talk about them?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:42:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote

This is how I use mine - IR laser and NVGs...shoot it from the hip. Aimpoint is just there for when I use the Sig Brace as intended.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why? For all I know you have a tax stamp and are good to go(in the opinion of the ATF) in shouldering your SB15 SBR.  

No one bats an eye when someone talks about SBRs.  Do you have to prove you have a tax stamp to talk about them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't ask me...ask the mods. Plenty of threads locked already.

This is "Pistols" not the "SBR" section. People assume you have what is relevant to the section you are in and the topic posted.

The last such comments locked the thread for
discussion of criminal activity

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Perfect truck gun, providing CO has no provisions against it. Just be aware the addition of a VFG changes the legal classification from Handgun to Firearm. An AFG does not, however.

If this is being used at home as a PDW/ CQBW then have at it. A suppressor might be a good idea if CO allows those.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

To address the multiple comments here;

- I don't EDC

- The pistol was purchased to be built into a CQB PDW-type weapon. The primary use will be home defense, however it will ride with me on roadtrips, when I go camping, etc.

- Just personal preference but I have no intentions to affix either a VFG or AFG to the pistol

- A suppressor would be great, but I still feel uneasy about all the requisites with the ATF and waiting for them to "allow me" to purchase one. Part of the reason why I'm choosing to not SBR the gun is to keep from giving the ATF the satisfaction/money/information/restrictions...But yes, cans are legal in CO - even to hunt wih.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is "Pistols" not the "SBR" section. People assume you have what is relevant to the section you are in and the topic posted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

discussion of criminal activity

Since discussion of mis-use of the brace is likely to get the thread locked, as I've requested multiple times - PLEASE keep the discussion on-topic and ONLY regarding the use of the brace as it was originally intended to be used when first designed; Meaning attached via use of hook-and-loop straps to the forearm to aid in stabilizing an AR-type pistol, OR - as Toddrick discussed - resting on a bench (not shouldered) to sight-in an optic.

If you'd like to discuss other uses of the stabilizing brace please start a different thread to avoid having this thread locked. Thank you.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top