Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
sig brace went on buffer tube, but twists. what is the remedy?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A wrap or two of tape.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I put together my pistol last week and shot it for the first time yesterday.  I put a little over 300 rounds thru it, and a couple of times my brace twisted 5 or 10 degrees.  Besides the tape already mentioned in previous post, several posts have mentioned using hair spray, sliding it in place, then letting it dry, and another post mentioned one or two drops of superglue.

I'm gonna try something before next range trip.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I put a few drops of super glue gel on mine. I slid the brace 75% of the way on with no glue. Put a few drops on the buffer tube then slid and rotated the brace the rest of the way on until it was straight. Rotating it on the tube spread the glue evenly over the last 1" of buffer tube giving a nice solid glued area with no mess.

I haven't really shot it much since I did that, but it's rock solid now. I'm sure under hard usage the bond might break and allow rotation again.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
gonna try the tape tonight, will let you know. thanks everybody
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a buffer tube especially made for the Sig Brace just the other day but I can't remember the brand. I guess it is designed to keep the brace from twisting. I will keep an eye out, and post it later.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
sig brace went on buffer tube, but twists. what is the remedy?
View Quote

It's made by KAK. I just saw a post and it reminded me.   HERE IT IS
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It'll still move on the KAK tube. Just not as easy as some other buffers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't tried it, but I'd be willing to bet that motorcycle "grip glue" would be perfect for this use (since that's what it's designed for, to adhere rubber grips to metal bars). It's similar to silicone sealant, but less pliable when dried (so as to not flex or allow the grip to shift).
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#9]
This might be the solution.
http://www.odinworks.com/product_p/acc-sbpt.htm
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#10]
hairspray
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I tried hairspray with bad results. Still moved. Ended up using some good-ol general purpose household glue, that I found around the house. Neither of my braces have moved since.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
apparently i got lucky cause mine sits rock solid on my buffer tube. in fact i have trouble moving it on purpose.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine moves. Don't care. At least there is no side wobble like a dam adjustable stock. It just twists a bit because the brace has no ridged flat surface against your shoulder. I only care that the sights stay on target.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Go down to your local golf shop, ask for a piece of golfers double sided glue tape for grips.  Wrap it, wet it with alcohol (makes it really slick) then slide on brace, when the alcohol dries your brace isn't going to be moving.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#15]
This will do the trick
http://phase5wsi.com/hex-2-pistol-buffer-tube-hex-2-clone.html
Got one on my 10.5" pistol with SB15 - brace does not twist
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Tape works perfect for me, don't move at all......

I really like SB-PT Stabilizing Brace Pistol Tube assembly but I don't know if that's really legal as one can easily adjust the length to use as resting cheek/shouldering, though it's not a retractable stock....????

I wish they sell Unique locking collar prevents SB15 from rotating and moving forward  just by itself.

Edited:

I emailed them to check what the inside diameter is and if they sell just that piece and how much....

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really like SB-PT Stabilizing Brace Pistol Tube assembly but I don't know if that's really legal as one can easily adjust the length to use as resting cheek/shouldering, though it's not a retractable stock....????

I wish they sell Unique locking collar prevents SB15 from rotating and moving forward  just by itself.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/hsktt.uqzet/v/vspfiles/photos/ACC-SBPT-2T.jpg

Edited:
I emailed them to check what the inside diameter is and if they sell just that piece and how much....

View Quote

Oh they sell it solo

Odin clamp
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh they sell it solo

Odin clamp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://cdn3.volusion.com/hsktt.uqzet/v/vspfiles/photos/ACC-SBPT-2T.jpg

Edited:

Oh they sell it solo

Odin clamp
Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#19]
the odin tube will be next move, but what i did was use johnson & johnson medical tape, its a little thicker tape, seems to work so far.. will be shooting this week will find out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I tried hairspray with bad results. Still moved. Ended up using some good-ol general purpose household glue, that I found around the house. Neither of my braces have moved since.
View Quote
I'm surprised that hairspray didn't work for you. Was everything cleaned and degreased? I have put many a motorcycle hand grip on with hairspray and they all stay put.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm surprised that hairspray didn't work for you. Was everything cleaned and degreased? I have put many a motorcycle hand grip on with hairspray and they all stay put.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I used alcohol to clean all surfaces. I've also used it for bicycle grips with good results.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I recently installed the Odinworks buffer tube on a pistol build.  Awesome tube which has an adjustable LOP locking collar which also stops the brace from twisting.  Very happy with it. Plus, it also includes a sling mount on the locking plate.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I used 3M black weatherstrip adhesive on mine. After sitting overnight it doesn't move at all.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#24]
thanks for the help. used the tape method.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I used 3M black weatherstrip adhesive on mine. After sitting overnight it doesn't move at all.
View Quote

Exactly what I did with mine. You can buy a little tube of black weatherstrip adhesive in the auto section at Walmart.
Put a light coat on the buffer tube and the inside of the brace. Slide it together and let dry overnight. There is no way that brace is coming off now. Weatherstrip adhesive is specifically made to bond rubber to metal and its tactical black to boot :)
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top