Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2014 3:34:55 AM EDT
Has anybody painted their SB15? Was it a rattle-can job, Duracoat, Cerakote, etc? I'm curious how it is hold up under usage - does the paint flake off or have other issues?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I've looked into it. Pretty much everything flakes but if you do rattlecan, you're after that look anyways. I'm probably doing mine today.

I'll report back if so
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Normally, painting rubber isn't a great idea.

I used Aervoe on my PAP M85NP with the sponge camo.  I haven't abused it, but the Aervoe has not come off.  Aervoe is more durable compared to Krylon and probably Duracoat.

I bought some matte clear coat, but I haven't applied it onto the pistol yet.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Plastidip will probably be the way to go
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I've painted both of mine. If left to cure, they last a good while.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]
SEM  dye works well on properly prepped flexible rubber/plastic items. you can pick it up in a spraycan at local auto paint stores.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SEM  dye works well on properly prepped flexible rubber/plastic items. you can pick it up in a spraycan at local auto paint stores.
View Quote

Interesting. Does it come in tactical-like colors?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, all kinds of tans, greens, browns, black etc. its not glossy either, more of a flat/semi flat. i've used it to paint old military helmets(works good on metal too) & the sheen is perfect. friend paints engine blocks with the stuff too.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top