Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 11:42:36 PM EDT
I saw a video the other day of a quick disconnect system where I could in seconds remove a AR pistol barrel and throw another one on.

Looked like they were going back and forth between 223 and 300 aac.

Anyone use this or know the name of the system?

Any opinions on it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I think its called the Dolos
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, It is the "Dolos AR15 Removable Barrel System" sold by Copper Custom Armament, $169.99. There are several YouTube videos of the system in use and Installation. In one video they show it along with Law Tacticals folding stock adapter, which allowed the Pistol/SBR to be broken down to a very small package. I'm thinking of doing a build with both that will fit into a Brief case along with Mags and related Accesories in 300 Blackout.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you in fact have a 300 barrel and 223 barrel with this system and just exchange them on the same lower?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you in fact have a 300 barrel and 223 barrel with this system and just exchange them on the same lower?
View Quote

Yes.  It will work with any standard AR15 caliber as long as it uses a standard barrel extension, 5.56, 7.62, .300, 6.8, 6.5, etc
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
MGI has the same thing, also they are making modular lowers for pistols.

https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?category=10

Not sure of the lead time on these.  I have a couple of their modular carbines, work great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Longhorn, You don't need to exchange the upper for the caliber change between 556 and 300 Blk, you just change barrels, you don't even need to separate the upper from the lower for the change, again just the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Options:

MGI
Dolos
DRD Tactical
LMT MRP

Similar concept.  Varying execution.

I have an LMT MRP, which will be a dedicated 10.5" pistol, with an optional 14.5" barrel.  I'm building another pistol now... as soon as I am done, I will build a DRD Tactical carbine.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top