Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:34:19 PM EDT
I just got the Sig Brace (Gen 1), KAK Ind. buffer tube, and the KAK length of pull kit.  this thing rocks! it went on real easy and has stayed in place very well, with no rotation so far. I am using it on both my 7.5 inch and 10.5 inch 7.62 x39 pistol lowers. the length of pull, with the larger size KAK spacer installed, now matches the lop I usually shoot my 16 inch carbine at.

I am wondering, has anyone tried the Sig brace on a carbine length AR?  the shouldering and the cheek weld on the brace are great. i may give it a try on my 16 inch 7.62 x39 upper as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I did just for gits and shiggles. It was exactly like shooting with a stock.. but the recoil was softer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
seems like a good thing.  definitely going to try it
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and love it, It feels better than a regular stock and better than my Magpul.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The brace is unique in the fact it is made of a soft durable foam rubber. Much softer then plastic and almost as durable. It would be interesting to see a colapsable stock made of such a material.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got the Sig Brace (Gen 1), KAK Ind. buffer tube, and the KAK length of pull kit.  this thing rocks! it went on real easy and has stayed in place very well, with no rotation so far. I am using it on both my 7.5 inch and 10.5 inch 7.62 x39 pistol lowers. the length of pull, with the larger size KAK spacer installed, now matches the lop I usually shoot my 16 inch carbine at.

I am wondering, has anyone tried the Sig brace on a carbine length AR?  the shouldering and the cheek weld on the brace are great. i may give it a try on my 16 inch 7.62 x39 upper as well.
View Quote

looks a little funny, but could work well. going give a try tomorrow.

" />
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06110_zps39e5f0d0.jpg</a>" />
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06110_zps39e5f0d0.jpg</a>" />

gave it a shot, but ended going back to my modified Magpul CTR.  it just didn't feel right and i do like the adjust-ability of a collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
My opinion is: Why use some run-around, less than ideal brace when you could just use an actual stock?

BTW, by my interpretation, if you put an upper with a barrel length less than 16" back on that "pistol lower" you have, you will be making an SBR. A pistol lower is a pistol lower as long as it has always been mated with a short barrel upper (less than 16" bbl) once you put a 16" upper on there you have made the transition to the lower being a rifle and it cannot be a pistol again. This is regardless of what receiver extension is on the lower, barrel length is what matters. Don't take my word for it however, do your research.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A pistol lower is a pistol lower as long as it has always been mated with a short barrel upper (less than 16" bbl) once you put a 16" upper on there you have made the transition to the lower being a rifle and it cannot be a pistol again. This is regardless of what receiver extension is on the lower, barrel length is what matters. Don't take my word for it however, do your research.
View Quote

Your "word" is incorrect.  Once a lower has been first built as a pistol, it can be reconfigured as a rifle, and then back again to a pistol if one desires. Also, there is no minimum or maximum length restriction on pistol barrels (unless your state has restrictions beyond Federal requirements). The key is to always build the lower first as a pistol. It is also a good idea to be able to prove that you purchased a stripped lower.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BTW, by my interpretation, ....
View Quote

Fortunately, your interpretation doesn't affect the actual ones from the agency that counts. ;)

- OS
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure smarter people will be on to confirm or deny but:

Pistol lower =  a lower that has never had a rifle stock to it thereby turning into a rifle permanently.  Once a rifle always a rifle and cannot be converted back to a pistol

rifle vs pistol lower is NOT determined by the length of barrel only by the designed use of the lower. For example, I can put a 20" upper on a pistol lower and simply have a long-barreled pistol. And we all know what a SBR is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm sure smarter people will be on to confirm or deny but:

Pistol lower =  a lower that has never had a rifle stock to it thereby turning into a rifle permanently.  Once a rifle always a rifle and cannot be converted back to a pistol

View Quote

Denied.

- OS

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fortunately, your interpretation doesn't affect the actual ones from the agency that counts. ;)

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, by my interpretation, ....

- OS

Fortunately I never stated it was fact and clearly stated the owner of the gun should do his own research. You people are free to do as you please. My rifle uppers will stay away from my pistols.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I had problems with the brace rotating on my KAK buffer.  Applying hairspray to the tube before slipping the brace on fixed it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top