Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 5:52:52 PM EDT
Fairly new build with a 10.5 KAK melonite barrel.  Free floated with a MI SS2 tube and a screw lock KAK low profile gas block (not touching or rubbing).  Also using a small KAK Flash Can

Runs great with no problems shooting 55 gr Wolf or 62 gr PMC green tip.

Only issue I have is that POI shifts vertically about 2-3 inches at 50-ish yards when it warms up.  No real change from warm to HOT after some fast shooting.  Doesn't seem to move L/R at all.  

Anybody else see this?  I would have thought the shorter barrel would be less susceptible to movement.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this with irons or an optic?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Irons right now.  

Daniel Defense fixed front and rear.  Both on the rail.  Not on the GB or barrel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm wondering if it could be the rail itself heating up and moving? That or possibly an issue with the barrel nut or front of the receiver where it contacts the barrel extension. Honestly the rail gets my vote I doubt it's the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm wondering if it could be the rail itself heating up and moving? That or possibly an issue with the barrel nut or front of the receiver where it contacts the barrel extension. Honestly the rail gets my vote I doubt it's the barrel.
View Quote

Interesting idea.  Did not even think of that.  The MI tube does have a full length rail to it so it's thicker on top.  Might be expanding a touch more on the bottom than the top.  Or the other way round to push POA lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top