AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 8:46:32 AM EDT
5.56 62 gr xtac weapon zeroed at 50m   What's my drop at 200 m
10.5 inch barrel.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends what you're zeroed at. =P

For straight line drop, you'd have to either chrono and calc it, or figure -50 fps per inch of barrel loss from a test gun with posted results using that same ammo. That'll give you a very rough table.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Should be none with a 50/200 zero.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think that totally works with anything other than the weapon and ammo selection intended. I don't know how close it is either.

Besides, it'll still be high with a 36/300yd Z.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think that totally works with anything other than the weapon and ammo selection intended. I don't know how close it is either.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have my 10.3" zeroed at 50 yards and I have the same POA/POI at 200 yards using the same ammo(Wolf and Tula).

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have my 10.3" zeroed at 50 yards and I have the same POA/POI at 200 yards using the same ammo(Wolf and Tula).

YMMV
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

Just finished a 10.5 and this is good to know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
That ammo is known for being underpowered even for 223, and is likely the 55gr?

So a full power 5.56 rd will do other things. Especially if you change the bullet weight to 62gr I'd think.

My local range is undergoing a big move. The old range can't be used, and the new one isn't open yet. I've had to start on a 300yd range on my property. I have all my spots for target boards marked out, just need to get the boards built and put in. When I do, I'll know how accurate the 36/300yd thing is with a 10.5". Not with junk ammo though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That ammo is known for being underpowered even for 223, and is likely the 55gr?
View Quote

Indeed it is. But I have only shot that out of the pistol with the above results. It would differ if I were to shoot some 193 out of it, but I zeroed for what I will continue to shoot.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top