Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2014 1:09:55 PM EDT
First pistol build in process. I've asked questions here and there and I appreciate your guys advice. Mocked up it is right at 23 inches long from the buffer to to the compensator tip. Specs below.

Levang Linear Compensator ( going to have 2 flats machined on bottom end for a wrench )
YHM crush washer
7" AR Stoner Barrel from Midway
Midwest SS series one piece Free float rail system Carbine Length
Midwest end cap
PSA Upper
AO Precision charging handle
Noveske  pistol length gas tube
Magpul Mbus front and rear sights
Anderson Lower
CMMG LPK
Spikes Tactical Billet Trigger guard
Phase 5 pistol buffer tube kit
MagPul MOE grip
Kies adjustable clamp on gas block

Im missing the BCG. I guess it all depends on who has the best deal right now. Can anyone recommend where to go?

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Check AIM Surplus and Surplus Arms & Ammo for BCGs.  Both have numerous options under $100.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought from AIM due to thier good reputation and $.  I can comment on a few hundred rounds is all but mines been great.  Add in the NIB if you want it for minimal cost.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably going to go with the AIM NIB BCG.

Quick question..............Should I bother polishing the chamber and feed ramps on my new barrel?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice pistola...I just ordered the NIB BCG from AIM yesterday for a build for my son.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Im still waiting on my barrel nut wrench to get my build together. Meanwhile............should I do the extractor upgrade? I do have an adjustable gas block.

BCM extractor upgrade kit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, you should. I had consistent failure to eject on my pistol build during my first range session and it was due to a weak extractor spring. It was so frustrating to have a new build that didn't cycle properly. Added the #60 o-ring around the extractor spring as a stop gap and no more FTE.

Don't know if there is such a thing as having an extractor spring which is too strong.

This was on a 10.5" with carbine gas.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Do the extractor spring upgrade, but try it without the o-ring.  Mine have never needed the o-ring...
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top