Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 10:48:14 AM EDT
For post 1300 I give you the story of how I came to own and the evolution of my 10.5" AR pistol.

I was selling a Jeep xj on Craigslist. I only wanted $ 1000 for the jeep so I posted the jeep for $2000 so someone could talk me down and think they got a deal, witch we all know is selling 101. Two hours after I posted the add I get a text, "Are you interested in any partial trades in cash and guns? " I reply, " Shoot me an offer. " After a few back and forth messages we come to an agreement of $1400 and this little beast.

He told me it's an all PSA 10.5 " chf pistol.  It had some pos handguard and charging handle, I changed that out with a magpul Moe handguard and a bcm gunfighter charging handle. I end up with this.

Well, the PSA pistol buffer tube I could loosen by hand and I wanted to add a sig brace, and MI was just releasing their pistol buffer tube, I ordered one asap with the brace for $164-169 and some change with free shipping. Using my buffer and spring I already had to complete the receiver extention assembly.  

Ok, now I'm falling in love with this thing but, more was still to be desired.  So, I go to the home of all deals, Arfcom's own EE and I get some super deals on new in the box items, ferfrans crd-$125,  geissele mk4 in dde-$215, and some fixed troy ind buis-$75(fuck these guys I would never buy new from them) but, I will say I love their sights. All still new in the boxes. Now, I have ended up with this priceless beast!

I had the TLR1-HL and Vickers sling. Now I just need to get the final pieces, a Geissele trigger, bad ass selector,  bcm grip, and another aimpoint micro or eotech.

Eta; I forgot to add I also switched out the PSA bcg with a Young/Mfg chrome full auto bcg with one of my other rifles.

This AR shoots straight and has been reliable with  a 300rnds of m855 so far.

I  will add more opinions to this post as I get more familiar with the additions to the pistol as well as the AR pistol itself.

If you have any questions  I'll be happy to try and answer them.

God bless America & the Great State of Tennessee.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Slick looking blaster. How do you like the Ferfans on it? Does it seem to work as advertised?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slick looking blaster. How do you like the Ferfans on it? Does it seem to work as advertised?
View Quote

I've been a A2 guy for a long time. The ferfrans is the first break I have used.
Without the crd the concussion is pretty beastie,  but had less noticeable flash than the 10.5 " with the A2 from the shooter's perspective which I thought was strange. Now, when I add the crd back on I fill no more concussion but there is a nice size fireball.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top