Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 5:27:26 PM EDT
I already built an ar 15 5.56 pistol in a 10.5 length. I lucked out an won an sbr kit, which I put a pistol buffer on,  on GB for a little under $520 shipped awhile back. Of course it has no name parts but the trigger is sweet and it cycles smooth. Yeah I consider myself lucky as I was pretty uninformed until I started reading this forum.
So several months later I am reading this forum and late one night I also watch a youtube video on the honey badger. I then started reading posts on it here and I am like I got to do something like this. I am hooked. So I now have two full uppers in 10.5 length, I know hb is 8", but this is my logic. When I suppress the one I want the total length to be at least 16" so I don't have to have another tax stamp when I put a rifle stock on it. I plan on building the other as pistol to sell as suppressed ready with something like the AAC T 51 flash suppressor. Oh yeah these are 300 blackout 1/8" twist with YHM 10" hand guards.
So I guess what I am asking is this a good idea or have I really missed something. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
So you're going to permanently attach a suppressor to save $200?  Given the costs involved here, another $200 doesn't sound so bad.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That is where my reasoning was off. I forgot about the barrel having to be 16" permanently to run a gun stock. Duh to many late nights at work. Well it's double stamp time for one weapon for sure. Thanks. Just a noob.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you're going to run a SIG arm brace, & given you're doing the paperwork anyway two stamps won't take any longer.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top