Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 1:41:20 PM EDT
Hey all,

First time, long time here.  I have nobody to show off my Sig to, so I figured I'd post a couple of pics here.  I'm way happy with this "rifle".  I did some paint work on the etching as you can see, I also painted the "safe" white" and "fire" red. I added the new sight.  It came with the Sig red dot, but for some reason I just hated it.  I also added the Fab Defense AFG.  Anyways, I hope you dig...if you have any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear them.  I need a new muzzle device...so yeah.  Later!  http://<ahttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/crying1986/SigP556_zps8b175041.jpeg</a>" />

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What muzzle device would you guys put on this thing?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey all,

First time, long time here.  I have nobody to show off my Sig to, so I figured I'd post a couple of pics here.  I'm way happy with this "rifle".  I did some paint work on the etching as you can see, I also painted the "safe" white" and "fire" red. I added the new sight.  It came with the Sig red dot, but for some reason I just hated it.  I also added the Fab Defense AFG.  Anyways, I hope you dig...if you have any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear them.  I need a new muzzle device...so yeah.  Later!  http://<a href=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/crying1986/SigP556_zps8b175041.jpeg</a>" />

View Quote

I'm waiting for my brace. Did yours come with the brace or is it one of the older ones like mine that came without an extension?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my tube tonight and put the brace on, along with a Holosun red dot.

Oh hell yes!!!!!!!

I LOVE the way it feels!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
How did you get that end cap off the receiver, so you could install the tube?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question! I was going to make a tool to do it but after I saw the ATF letter I got a little too excited to wait. The cap just screws off by turning counter clockwise. I used a nail-set punch and small brass hammer (would be a little better to use a brass punch) and gently tapped on the side walls of the two holes in the cap until I was able to turn it. No need to use a lot of force--it's not Locktited in. Just a bunch of gentle taps to get it turning. You don't need to destroy the cap. Mine is still perfectly usable. It has a little bit of deformity on the sides of the holes but no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good question! I was going to make a tool to do it but after I saw the ATF letter I got a little too excited to wait. The cap just screws off by turning counter clockwise. I used a nail-set punch and small brass hammer (would be a little better to use a brass punch) and gently tapped on the side walls of the two holes in the cap until I was able to turn it. No need to use a lot of force--it's not Locktited in. Just a bunch of gentle taps to get it turning. You don't need to destroy the cap. Mine is still perfectly usable. It has a little bit of deformity on the sides of the holes but no big deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, thanks. I guess I don't need the air chisel and blowtorch after all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No blowtorch for sure! Here's a pic that kinda shows what I did. In the pic I have a Glock disassembly tool but I actually used a nail set punch.

The idea is to get something on the sidewall of one of the holes lined up so that when you gently tap it repeatedly, it puts a torque on the cap that will make it move counterclockwise so it unscrews. Be gentle and switch back and forth between the holes. Mine, which I bought new, was not Locktited so it was not much effort to get it off. It does ding up the sidewall of the holes a little but the cap is still usable, as you can see.

For those of you who think I was a dick for using a cheesy way to get the cap off, I plead guilty. I was going to make a proper tool for the job but after seeing the ATF letter, I was too excited to wait, so bite me!

ETA: Obligatory pic:

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I used a large pair of vise grips and it came off without to much force.
If you want to save the plug. You may want to go with some rubber material between the jaws.
My plug had some gouges from the vise teeth.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top