Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2014 5:40:29 AM EDT
Any suggestions? I'm looking around, but am failing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep seeing that name pop up, but I would like some verified reviews. Very low cost sometimes equals headaches.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a red x 7.5 upper and it runs like a top,highly recommend
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 5:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one from JSE. It's been good to go. They use DPMS parts,  though,  and they get a lot of hate these days.

Surplus Ammo and Arms has a few options as well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MAS Defense  
View Quote

Wow. That is just what I am looking for. Cheap and plenty of options.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Happy with my Mas Defense upper after I broke it in with a few hundred rounds/ cycling the bolt.

I mistakenly picked an HBAR barrel but it feels pretty good. I'll eventually go light weight/m4 profile.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/easter-sale/barreled-upper-assemblies/ptac-7-5-melonite-1-9-yhm-mini-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Added as an option for some.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
karri's
View Quote

wow, they have barrels as low as 89.99
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/easter-sale/barreled-upper-assemblies/ptac-7-5-melonite-1-9-yhm-mini-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Added as an option for some.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/1/41704_1.jpg
View Quote

Very tempting, but I'm leery of PTAC barrels.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
karri's

That seems too good to be true, has anyone ever used one?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
karri's

I'll let you know in a week. I just bought one

ETA: apparently the last one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.blackrocktacticalsolutions.com/75-BTSA15-223-556-NATO-PISTOL-UPPER-ASSEMBLY-75-BTSA15-300.htm
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]

FIFY

and FWIW, I have a PSA 10.5 and a RedX 7.5 SS.  Very happy with both.  and about the same $$

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for fixing the link for me...

I have owned the palmetto and redx 7.5" pistol also and they are great running guns. I like the handguard on the Blackrock Tactical better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
karri's

Mine came in today from Karri's. USPS apparently opened the box and inspected the contents. Knifed through the tape and folded open a corner.
Had to sign for it.
It did come VERY fast. it arrived yesterday but I missed delivery and had to go to the post office to get it.

The phosphate finish looks OK. There is a blob of some kind of glue on it but I'm not troubled by it. The chamber looks to be phosphate finished as well. All black inside. It;ll do for the price I think. Assembly in a few weeks after I buy a bolt, KAK and a gasblock
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Those Karis look good, subscribing to follow, because I am broke and need/want a 7.5 for fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#19]
PSA isn't "mid grade".

The companies you need to look at for that level would be RRA, Stag, Spikes, etc.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

FIFY

and FWIW, I have a PSA 10.5 and a RedX 7.5 SS.  Very happy with both.  and about the same $$

View All Quotes
Quoted:

FIFY

Does anyone have a pic of that blackrock upper? Their website isn't showing it at the moment. I have my lower built and am on the edge of buying a budget upper. Karri's and Red X are at the top of my list at the moment.I'm leaning toward the Karri's because I like the quad rail handguard and the Phantom flash hider, but I do like the stainless barrel on the Red X too. Anything else I should look at?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a pic of that blackrock upper? Their website isn't showing it at the moment. I have my lower built and am on the edge of buying a budget upper. Karri's and Red X are at the top of my list at the moment.I'm leaning toward the Karri's because I like the quad rail handguard and the Phantom flash hider, but I do like the stainless barrel on the Red X too. Anything else I should look at?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

Mas Defense

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope to have a BlackRock Tactical 7.5" WYLDE upper in my hands this Saturday.  Been waiting for the 1x7 twist WYLDE barrel.

Then I will have to figure out how to post pictures.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Mine came in today from Karri's. USPS apparently opened the box and inspected the contents. Knifed through the tape and folded open a corner.
Had to sign for it.
It did come VERY fast. it arrived yesterday but I missed delivery and had to go to the post office to get it.

The phosphate finish looks OK. There is a blob of some kind of glue on it but I'm not troubled by it. The chamber looks to be phosphate finished as well. All black inside. It;ll do for the price I think. Assembly in a few weeks after I buy a bolt, KAK and a gasblock
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
karri's

Looking forward to a review on it! Keep us posted!

Had to sign for it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought one from this guy.   http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_118/1302881_7_5_PDW_Pistol_5_56_Upper_w_KeyMod_and_BCG__575__NEW_and_COMPLETE.html

Although I ended up bumping up to a 10.5

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top