Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2010 6:32:10 AM EDT
Just finished getting my rock river pistol together and went to mount a midwest industries single point sling mount to the buffere tube.  The mount is the type that you slide over the tube and tighten down with an allen key.  The problem is it wont fit.  I tried everything, opened it up as far as it will go and used lube.  Is the rock river pistol buffer tube a different diamater than a standard buffer tube?

If thats the case, what sling mounts will work with it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a single point attachment that fits on the butt end of the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC the RR pistol tube is larger than the standard CAR civilian or milspec buffer tube to prevent one from being able to attach a stock.
Is there a weep hole in the rear end of your buffer tube?  
On mine I drilled and tapped the weep hole for one of those YHM swivel studs, the ones that rotate.  Works like a dream.  I cannot remember exactly the size and thread but YHM can tell you if you ask then it is a simple task to drill and tap then blue lock-tite the stud in the hole.  Use only a little lock-tite or it will draw into your stud and it will no longer rotate.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the rock river pistol buffer tube a different diamater than a standard buffer tube?

The RRA is a larger diameter.
So I sold it and purchased an Ace pistol buffer tube.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top