Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 11:33:05 PM EDT
Ok.... LRRPF52 got another guy hooked on the 6.5 Grendel....

The 16" 6.5 Grendel Anderson barrel comes with a carbine gas system, so I bought the Anderson adjustable gas block, along with the BCG.

What buffer/spring/weight should I use with this set up?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard spring/buffer works with mine, I use a non adjustable block and it runs great.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
With an adjustable gas block you can tune the system to work with any weight buffer.   I have a 16" carbine gas 1:9 twist chrome moley 6.5 Grendel and used a standard carbine buffer and spring with fixed gas block.  I had a Spike's T-2 buffer so I decided to try it but both work and I really can't tell any difference with the T-2.  I built a 16" Faxon midlength group buy barrel with 1:8 twist mid length gas light profile barrel with fixed gas block.  It functioned perfect with a carbine buffer and spring.  I decided to try the H-2 buffer in this light weight build.  I really like the H-2 Colt buffer in this light weight build, it was a little harsh with carbine buffer but just right with the H-2.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
i have standard gas block and Spike's ST-T2 buffer.  Function is just fine.  It has more thump/recoil vs. 5.56 in the carbine gas configuration (to me).  Mid-length with heavy buffer is probably better
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of accuracy are you guys getting with them?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Anderson is a good outfit to deal with but I just bought their grendel m4 barrel. The chamber was too short. They returned my $ even though I was outside the 30 day return window. Thumbs up... I read that quite a few people had issues with their chambers, not sure if it was a bad run or what. I bought the rest of my parts from them though without a hitch.

I'm glad they returned my $ because I found better options after I had ordered their barrel. I bought an 18" classic arms barrel which is apparently made by bear creek. And there is a 20" bear creek upper on sale at Primary for $300, complete with CH & BCG.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anderson is a good outfit to deal with but I just bought their grendel m4 barrel. The chamber was too short. They returned my $ even though I was outside the 30 day return window. Thumbs up... I read that quite a few people had issues with their chambers, not sure if it was a bad run or what. I bought the rest of my parts from them though without a hitch.

I'm glad they returned my $ because I found better options after I had ordered their barrel. I bought an 18" classic arms barrel which is apparently made by bear creek. And there is a 20" bear creek upper on sale at Primary for $300, complete with CH & BCG.
View Quote
They have the chamber listed wrong on their site, you need to use a .136 bolt or the standard grendel bolt NOT a 7.62x39 bolt
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top