Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2017 8:36:39 PM EDT
Factory aero precision 18" upper with KAK BCG with double ejectors and SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas block. Was out this evening setting the gas block for function. Did the usual 1 round in a mag test fire. Had it set 6 clicks out from closed before tesf fire and ended up 7 clicks out from closed to get the bolt to lock back on empty mag. I noticed my brass in different places so I loaded up 3 rounds and fired away. The first round landed about 5ft away 3 o'clock. Next 2 rounds landed at my right at my feet. I'm kinda baffled. I have 10 AR's and built them all and have no issues with them as I've used quality components. This is my first 308 pattern AR. Not sure if I should look into the spring/o-ring of the extractor in this bolt. Or just run it as long as I don't get stoppages. FWIW, it's a factory M5 lower with a SOPMOD stock and Geissele SSA-E trigger. I plan on running my SD-N6 on it when I get it out of jail.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Sentry 7 on my PA10 (have Faxon 16" pencil on it) and 7 clicks out was exactly what I landed on too (w/ weak 7.62 Nato. Always set your gas for the weakest ammo you'll shoot).
I wouldn't be too concerned about your ejection. So long as you're locking  back (and not more gas than does that), I wouldn't sweat it.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top