Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 4:21:00 PM EDT
Was looking for a entry level AR10 for Hog Hunting.
Not wanting to spend $2K + for a once/twice a year hunting rifle for a Pig
So I picked up a Del-Ton .308 first.Not much feedback out there on it,
16inch med weight barrel, 1-10 twist,carbine gas, cost $715.00 about 2 weeks ago.
What a Turd,It has Issues,called Del-Ton about repair or replacement,They said what did you expect?Shoot it.No Return no replace,no repair.
Cannot shoot it,it has issues,Still waiting on Buds gunshop to assist.

Figured take a chance again,
Picked up the PSA Gen 2 .308,Nickel Boron BCG,Key Mod handguard with a med weight SS 1-10 twist 18inch Barrel,cost $714.00.
Dis assembled,cleaned,all look good,Put a Nikon 1.5x6.42 on it in a Leupold 1 piece Mount.
Fired 40rds Cavim to settle things cleaned the barrel and then punched several sub moa groups with fed GM 168gr,100yds
managed a few 2 1/2 group at 200yds.Trigger is coated in nickel boron but was still around 5lbs.might put a ALG in it.
I,m keeping it,7lbs 8oz empty,not to bad
PSA has a created a good product in this rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. My first build(ar15) was from a delton kit. Many years ago. It is a great gun. I have always thought it is FAR to superior to the budget brands I have seen lately. 

Its been along long time though. A lot may have changed since then. Also haven't tried their large frame Guns. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You sure it's only 7 1/2 lbs? That sounds light for an 18" med profile (my gen 1 16" pencil w/ Odin rail is 7.2)?
But yeah, I'm a fan of the PA-10 series. No frills, just good rifles!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry you had a bad situation, I have never had a problem with any of my Del Ton products.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Have tried and Owned several of thier AR15 line, pretty happy with them.
The New Echo .308 will have to be dealt with before too long as customer loyalty and a good warrenty will
be Important in the next few yrs,
think they might go the way of Olympic if they do not warrenty thier new AR10 like they do the AR15 line.
Still hope Buds takes it off my hands, put in a request to return it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello Del-Ton,
I have already contacted you several times and posted Pics to you.
You have declined every effort I have applied.
You are just trying to look good in front of the Hive by posting this.
Please review my feedback on other forums and Buds about your Words vs your Actions.

Liking the new PSA though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#8]
So why not send the rifle back?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top