Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2017 8:53:18 PM EDT
I want a pistol grip for my R25 that has the extended beaver tail but know the lower on the AR10/DPMS/R25/SR25 etc have a different shape.  So what fits?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you think it's a different mine takes whatever.
I've put a few different ones on my R25
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Use the Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip Kit - Type 2 for DPMS LR Gen I
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I know larue offers their a-peg grip in ar15 or ar10 configuration, so I thought they were different also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS pattern all take most any grip that fits an AR15.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Use the Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip Kit - Type 2 for DPMS LR Gen I
View Quote
I can confirm, they fit fine without any need to modify, If you want to go Magpul here is the link. Magpul Link

I get a lot of miles out of this one picture, but just so you can see what it looks like.  I think this one is OD green.  Foliage green looks slightly lighter and might blend better if your rifle still has it's camo pattern.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a ton.  I am going to swap around my MFT grip with the R25 just to see if it fits.   If it doe I am going to get one like it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks a ton.  I am going to swap around my MFT grip with the R25 just to see if it fits.   If it doe I am going to get one like it.
View Quote
There are only a handful of parts on a 10 that are different than a 15: take down/ pivot pin, bolt catch, buffer tube/ receiver ext (but not always),

Pistol grip and screw are the same.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pistol grip and screw are the same.
View Quote
Not necessarily true. Any non-beaver tail grip will fit for sure, but many AR10 variants have  a higher radius on the beaver tail. Some DPMS-pattern guns are the same as the AR15, but others - my own included - are higher. The MIAD Type 2 fits these, whereas the Type 1 fits the standard AR15 type.

ETA: The AR15 style beaver tail will mount securely and work fine, but there will be a bit of a gap between the grip tail and the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Great thread, nice photo.

Suggestions for best pricing on the MIAD?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought one at Elite Tactical. Looks like they're still on sale.
Type 1 (part # MAG520) are 28.99, Type 2 (MAG521) are 26.99. They were both 28.99 when I bought mine, dammit .
Seems like the cheapest most places normally have them is about $34 though I came across a couple others in the low $30s. Watch out for shipping costs though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Moved my MFT grip to my R25, there is a small gap in the beaver tail but the fit in my hand is much better.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top