Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:29:17 PM EDT
Ok,
So I'm looking at an Odin Works Grendel barrel (one of their new deals that comes with their new gas block, and BCG).  Are they GTG?  SAAMI spec, etc?  Also, this is just a range toy.  18" intermediate or 20" rifle?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
GTG. I have a 18" and so far its shooting right around an inch. They are a SAAMI spec and use the .136 bolt.  Not much lost in velocity between an 18 and 20 inch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not happy with mine whatsoever. Sticky chamber, piss poor accuracy, using multiple brands of ammo. I've torn up more than a few cases getting them out of the barrel. They said to fill out a form to send it back.Geez...

I'd have been happy if they said we'll send you a new one with a return label for the shitty barrel. Probably won't buy another barrel strictly from a customer service standpoint. Too many other manufacturers are eager to make you happy.

One man's experience and most everyone I have spoken to or read about has had success with their products.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not happy with mine whatsoever. Sticky chamber, piss poor accuracy, using multiple brands of ammo. I've torn up more than a few cases getting them out of the barrel. They said to fill out a form to send it back.Geez...

I'd have been happy if they said we'll send you a new one with a return label for the shitty barrel. Probably won't buy another barrel strictly from a customer service standpoint. Too many other manufacturers are eager to make you happy.

One man's experience and most everyone I have spoken to or read about has had success with their products.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.  Is the barrel you have more recent or older?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had it since last summer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've had it since last summer.
View Quote
Might want to double check, but I remember reading they did have a recall in August or September about some of their chambers being bad. Might want to check into it and see if you have a bad one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Might want to double check, but I remember reading they did have a recall in August or September about some of their chambers being bad. Might want to check into it and see if you have a bad one.
View Quote
I'll be. I will most certainly do that. Thank you
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I emailed asking about SAAMI....

"Sorry for the delayed response. I have been trying to track down an answer for you. It seems the question has stumped some of our professionals around here.

We use the SAAMI spec reamer recommended by JGS. If you want to contact them and get a copy of the reamer print, they are generally happy to give that out.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, and again I am very sorry for the delayed and vague response.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok,
So I'm looking at an Odin Works Grendel barrel (one of their new deals that comes with their new gas block, and BCG).  Are they GTG?  SAAMI spec, etc?  Also, this is just a range toy.  18" intermediate or 20" rifle?
View Quote

I did my first build with their 20" barrel and adjustable gas block and BCG and have been very happy with it, Three shots 100yds Hornady 123grn SST.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Just heard from JGS....

"Trumpet,

Attached is a copy of the 6.5 Grendel reamer print. Yes we use the SAAMI spec reamer with the double tapered throat, if that is what they ordered."

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top