Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 11:53:10 PM EDT
My little Windy sure is sweet. She has become my new favorite rifle. This is my new "go to" rifle if something goes bump in the night. She is good for 1/2 inch off the sled at 100 yards with Hornady SST Steel Match.

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!  Where are you shooting that has a Kongsberg system?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to see a 5 shot group.
What mags are you using and how many rounds through the gun?
Is that a windham barrel?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This was shot at the Civilians Marksman Park in Talledega. This rifle has less than 500 rounds thru it. The barrel is stock from Windham. I've tried the mags that came from Windham, ASC mags, and the C products which I like the best. All mags functioned without stoppage. One of the Windham 30 roundes would not shoot the last two rounds. As far as mods- Bravo Company lo-pro gas block, BCM hand guard, grip, MFT stock and a Hiperfire 3G trigger is about all I've done to it . Next time I go to the range I will take pics of some five shot groups. I'll get my 16 year old daughter to shoot it, she shoots it better than I do! LOL she shot this group.
http://i68.tinypic.com/1424v7r.jpg
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
That is some great shooting!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice shooting.  When I built mine I couldn't believe how accurate the caliber is, even with the Russian steel.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't shot any Golden Tiger yet, everybody seems to get good groups with it. I shot some Geco brass really well, Silverbear and Goldenbear shot pretty straight too. However, this rifle absolutely loves the Horandy SST. Its just expensive for steel cased ammo. The range master at the CMP was impressed with the little rifles accuracy. I can't wait to go back shooting again. Hopefully I can get away from work this week and do some more testing. I would like to stretch this rifle's leg a bit. This range has electronic targets at 100, 200, 300, and 600 yards. Its like Disney World for gun nuts. I know it groups well at 100 but I wonder how it would shoot at those distances. My 308 shoots extremely well at 600. It also has a lot bigger Vortex Viper on it. The little Strike Eagle 6x and my tired old eyes might struggle a bit. LOL
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
When I first shot my 7.62 build with GM barrel I was amazed. Same MOA (surplus ammo) as what the OP is showing. I often times have to move POA off one POI to make sure I am on paper. Every shot is a smile on my face
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
very happy with mine as well...she nasty.... troy rail, WW Upper, BCG, and MRO.

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice! I've thought of building one in 7.62x39 since ammo is cheap and plentiful and I already have an AK chambered in it. I've read that some of the cheaper ammo is "dirty" and can clog up the gas system on AR's. Any issue with that for you? I just wonder how many rounds before this becomes an issue
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! I've thought of building one in 7.62x39 since ammo is cheap and plentiful and I already have an AK chambered in it. I've read that some of the cheaper ammo is "dirty" and can clog up the gas system on AR's. Any issue with that for you? I just wonder how many rounds before this becomes an issue
View Quote
People are typically referring to the Tula ammo and it is nice, like I shoot it for 20 cents a round....its steel cased and generally not reloadable but at 20 cents who cares and in a SHTF type of situation I can steal the enemies ammo and fire it back at them lol....that being said it runs a little dirty but no big deal I see these issues with 7.39 chambered ARs...

1. failure to chamber usually caused by bad mags, I use C- products and ASC and I may have a failure to chamber 2 out of every 100 rounds, the issue is the shape of the neck of the round, the feed ramps, and or the magazine.

2. failed primer strikes...the burden primers on Tula ammo are no longer corrosive but they are hard primers and once in a while you just get a "click" and no discharge...its cheap ammo ya gotta expect it

What I did to mitigate all the above is went with the WW upper group as the feedramps, BCG etc are all designed to mitigate this. I used mags designed for the round, don't try using 5.56 mags as that creates problems.

For home defense I load fiocchi or Remington 7.39 ammo and Ive had no failures with either...also remember some ranges won't let you run steel cased ammo so it can be challenging at times to find a place that doesn't mind the steel cased stuff (apparently they don't want to have to sort the steel from the brass when they sell your casings lol)

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had 0 failure to feeds so far with mine.

With Wolf, Red Army Standard and Hornaday it runs flawless.

16" Faxon barrel, AIM BCG and C products mags.  I have a 28rd but have only ever used the 5 and 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have had 0 failure to feeds so far with mine.

With Wolf, Red Army Standard and Hornaday it runs flawless.

16" Faxon barrel, AIM BCG and C products mags.  I have a 28rd but have only ever used the 5 and 10rd mags.
View Quote
Which of the Hornady rounds are you running? I haven't been able to find that stuff in any gunshot, I was thinking of ordering some by mail.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
very happy with mine as well...she nasty.... troy rail, WW Upper, BCG, and MRO.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/461938/IMG-8597-1-176373.jpg  
View Quote
Savage black rifle!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:25:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Ammo has come a long way from the early days with 7.62x39.
More bullet choices too for those that like to reload. I would just use 308 bullets and would get about 2 MOA from a mini30.

At a 1/2MOA, your set up and shooter is dialed in well... Wish I could get my daughter to shoot with me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Why don't you ask her to go. You never no, she might just say yes. Shooting 22's is how I got my kids started shooting. I love to shoot 22 lr . I have several old Marlin 60s that are just tack drivers. I know this guy that makes  a $84 trigger upgrade for Marlin 60 rifles that rivals some of my $230 AR triggers. His KAT triggers are 2 stage that break at about 1 1/2 lbs. LOL My son and my daughter both love shooting the 22s.  I wish I could get my wife to go! I am still working on her! Good luck.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top