Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2017 5:59:35 PM EDT
Looking for parts from start to finish

What brand of 80% lower would folks reccomend.

Would like to stay with DPMS style because appears to be most popular configuration and parts are cheaper

This will be a full custom build with me doing the barrel threading for the barrel extension.

Havent decided on a caliber yet

maybe 6.5 credemoore

I have 5 80% builds under my belt so I think im ready for a .308
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for parts from start to finish

What brand of 80% lower would folks reccomend.

Would like to stay with DPMS style because appears to be most popular configuration and parts are cheaper

This will be a full custom build with me doing the barrel threading for the barrel extension.

Havent decided on a caliber yet

maybe 6.5 credemoore

I have 5 80% builds under my belt so I think im ready for a .308
View Quote

Good luck.. finding parts right now is a nightmare. I'm in the process of building one right now and I'm about to send everything back and buy a complete rifle. (I also have an 80% lower)
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good luck.. finding parts right now is a nightmare. I'm in the process of building one right now and I'm about to send everything back and buy a complete rifle. (I also have an 80% lower)
View Quote

Patience grasshopper.

These things happen. Parts go out of stock ALL THE TIME. Multiple times a year. Guess what? They come back in stock as well.

But with the popularity of building 308 now, mfgs can't keep up with demand. You don't want to rush the industry because then they cut back on QC just to get units it the door and fix them later. Which leaves bitter tastes.

Just be patient. Just watch, you're going to send everything back, then 2 days later get a ton of notices about restocked parts.

Anyways, on the 80%, it's good practice to get both upper and lower from same place. If they don't offer an upper, you'll need to test for some to see if they work. Not all do.

Good luck, and have fun!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I think 80% arms has excellent products.   I've used their billet lowers and 80%easy jig.  There's many you tube videos showing their product.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top