Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 9:18:37 PM EDT
CPD has both 28 and 30 round mags for 7.62x39. The 30 round is a "Gen III" but is cheaper than the 28. Any performance difference between the two? Anything I should avoid? Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i thought, perhaps mistakenly, that they weren't shipping the 28-rd versions anymore?  i.e. discontinued?

i had back-ordered some of the 28rd versions from Brownells a few months ago, when the order was finally fulfilled, what arrived was the 30rd versions.  i'm not complaining, they work fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mostly 20s since I like to shoot prone or bench and hunt. I got a cpl 28s since they fit in mag pouches unlike the 30s.  Just don't get the old gen 28s which were 30s that didn't fit all the rounds due to geometry/follower.  They redesigned/improved the old 28 to hold 30 and then made a slightly smaller version of that improved mag to fit in 5.56 mag pouches which is the new 28.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top