Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2016 1:14:57 PM EDT
Hello guys, my friend is extremely interested in AR10s and had begun buying parts for his AR10. He knows what he wants, but the problem is that no matter where he looks, he just can not find a Rainier arms 308 ultra match receiver set, not in a LGS, or online.

If anyone could put us in the right direction we would be extremely grateful. He is hell bent on building this rifle not buying a pre-made one.

And if anyone could suggest a backup receiver if he can't find a Rainier arms one that would be awesome.

Oh, and sorry to be a tease and not give the specifics of what hes trying to build, if your going to take your time to look you should at least fantasize on what hes making.
He wants a rifle that is-
Not too heavy
18 In barrel with decent accuracy
Good trigger
Can hit targets 800 meters out with a good shooter/ammo
Is generally a quality rifle but not cost too much

Its purpose is to be a range toy that can also be taken to go hunt big game. Reason for it not costing too much is well, in the army, enlisted don't make very much. I am sure many of you can relate.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know where to find any good receivers out there? We are open to substitutes that aren't crazy expensive.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You can check out Juggernaut Tactical set.  I just put one together and so far it is great.  It is a billet set as well, and come in about $100 cheaper than the Rainer Arms set.  It is an ambi set too.

Here is mine..

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestion, looks nice for the low price.

Nice looking rifle btw.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can check out Juggernaut Tactical set.  I just put one together and so far it is great.  It is a billet set as well, and come in about $100 cheaper than the Rainer Arms set.  It is an ambi set too.

Here is mine..

<a href="http://s1006.photobucket.com/user/Sacadelic/media/Gun%20Stuff/24C3019B-0452-46A3-B51B-34B61A686D3C.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/Sacadelic/Gun%20Stuff/24C3019B-0452-46A3-B51B-34B61A686D3C.jpg</a>
View Quote

What height rail do their uppers use? DPMS low or DPMS high?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#5]
F1 Firearms makes a decent set. Don't get the one cut the hell. I almost got their AR15 set, but ended getting a deal on noveske stuff i couldn't pass up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is mine..

<a href="http://s1006.photobucket.com/user/Sacadelic/media/Gun%20Stuff/24C3019B-0452-46A3-B51B-34B61A686D3C.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/Sacadelic/Gun%20Stuff/24C3019B-0452-46A3-B51B-34B61A686D3C.jpg</a>

They use the DPMS high.  I used a Midwest Industries rail.. 15"... Love it.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top