Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2016 12:11:59 AM EDT
So I am want to build a 6.5G before November and am looking at barrels. I want a middle of the road priced 20" barrel (preferably melonite CMV) in the $200 range.

I saw a group buy on another forum for Faxon barrels but I don't think I want to wait 6 months for that. There is another vendor in that price range, but they seemed to get booted out of more than one forum because they can't seem to follow the rules, so that would be a last resort. I don't want anything from Anderson or Radical.

What other vendors fit my description?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Check Alexander Arms. Their 16" gets suggested a lot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Satern from brownells?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check Alexander Arms. Their 16" gets suggested a lot.
View Quote

Mine is being ordered tomorrow. Originator of the caliber is hard to go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I am want to build a 6.5G before November and am looking at barrels. I want a middle of the road priced 20" barrel (preferably melonite CMV) in the $200 range.

I saw a group buy on another forum for Faxon barrels but I don't think I want to wait 6 months for that. There is another vendor in that price range, but they seemed to get booted out of more than one forum because they can't seem to follow the rules, so that would be a last resort. I don't want anything from Anderson or Radical.

View Quote

The easiest and most affordable way to go about getting a 20" upper today is just getting a complete one from AA.

I can't touch their complete upper price, even with dealer costs on parts from Brownell's.

I would love to see AA sell 18" and 20" barrels like they do the 16" fluted.

They would sell like crack.

This question is asked regularly, and there was a recent post that was pretty comprehensive:  6.5 Grendel Barrels & Bolts, who are the dealers selling them?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This question is asked regularly, and there was a recent post that was pretty comprehensive:  6.5 Grendel Barrels & Bolts, who are the dealers selling them?
View Quote

I'm only 35 but I seem to be having memory problems. I replied to that post, but I don't remember that big list of vendors on the second post or it must not have been fully populated at the time I replied.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The easiest and most affordable way to go about getting a 20" upper today is just getting a complete one from AA.

I can't touch their complete upper price, even with dealer costs on parts from Brownell's.

View Quote

I don't really want to buy their uppers. I wouldn't mind a barrel and matching BCG, but I want to get a matching mega upper to got with the mega lower and I already have a Seekins MCSR handguard to go on it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, 16", 18", 20", all fluted, and 5/8x24 threaded. There would be no reason to buy from someone else
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top