Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 3:38:30 PM EDT
I found this on EBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vector-15-Keymod-Rail-Free-Float-HandGuard-308-7-62-/232013034055?hash=item36050df247:g:SjYAAOSw7W5XONhX

Someone tell me why I shouldn't buy this as opposed to a $200 rail for my DPMS .308?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
ebay is known for selling cheap "Made in China" knock-offs and air soft products that in no way compares to the real deal.

They also are known for not protecting the buying public as well as other sites.

Because your link wasn't hot I didn't try to look up the exact product in question, but you now have the main reason why it usually isn't a good deal.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
That was my thought too, but I just wanted some opinions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
How about this company?

guntecparts.com
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Because ebay
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about this company?

guntecparts.com
View Quote

Never heard of them before.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about this company?

guntecparts.com
View Quote

They are not that bad but I can tell you that their keymod are not fully in spec to lock down. It's missing the cut inside the slot. Other than that the guntech hand I used on my 9mm build looks great.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw this video first before I bought a replacement handguard for my sons ar15, he and I are very pleased with the purchase of guntec usa 15" handguard.
https://youtu.be/1b2xshQ6kro
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought an el cheapo Gun Tec USA muzzle device for my Draco pistol, it was machined correctly and the fit n finish was fine.

BUT there have been several complaints of 'budget' keymod rails not locking properly due to improper machining, so a keymod rail is one place I wouldn't scrimp.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top