BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine will be a mini recce to shoot steel plates at 500.

Or

General purpose scoped SBR
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be using mine for 600 yard or less competitions
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine will be for suppressed hunting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine will be for suppressed hunting.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
4150 Carbon or 416 R Stainless Steel Black Oxide, 5R rifling or 4 grove or 3 grove, twist? profile. thinking flame fluted or M4 type, Carbine gas system, 750gas block, 5/8x24 thread and 11 degree target crown.
let me know what you thinkg
View Quote

I have been considering building one around tax season, I'm not sure what length is required for complete powder burn yet, but the part in bold gets my attention.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Any more updates on this?  Come on guys.......BUY SOME BARRELS!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
no crap I had at least 10 that said they would, still waiting brothers
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to use a 13" ALG rail I have and a liner comp under it for clearance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
no crap I had at least 10 that said they would, still waiting brothers
View Quote

I'll be home Sunday night, hopefully get the check in the mail Monday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I want in, just need business to pick up.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2016 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
They are doing a GB on a 12" barrel over at the grendel forum.  BFT said you guys (MNWM) had chatted about possibly combining these two.  What are your thoughts?  I would love to make this happen!
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are doing a GB on a 12" barrel over at the grendel forum.  BFT said you guys (MNWM) had chatted about possibly combining these two.  What are your thoughts?  I would love to make this happen!
View Quote

I don't care if it will help us get to 50.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw that too.  Price is really good too.  I'd be down for a 12".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I have been trying to get something together with the Grendel group I have not heard back yet
Who has the link???
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
We need to get to 50
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got back into town, haven't been able to mail a check yet. The one on 6.5Gcom is slightly more attractive to me based on the slightly lighter profile. Slightly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Copy that
I tried to partner with them too
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#18]
updated partnership info coming soon with Grendel Form keep posted.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Is the going to be very much difference between a 12 and 12.5 inch barrel?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
updated partnership info coming soon with Grendel Form keep posted.
View Quote

Fantastic!
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is the going to be very much difference between a 12 and 12.5 inch barrel?
View Quote

Yeah. .5 inches
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Any update?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
yes, sounds like the partnership with the Grendel site will happen. We are just ironing out some details
I know he has been traveling a lot. But we will soon have many more orders coming in.
I will send an update ASAP when I have one
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I just got back into town, haven't been able to mail a check yet. The one on 6.5Gcom is slightly more attractive to me based on the slightly lighter profile. Slightly.
View Quote

How do you know that the 65grendel.com one is lighter?  I've seen the specs on it, but haven't seen profile specs for this one, other than that it will be "medium."  

At this point I am also leaning toward the 65grendel one because they actually posted a drawing of the barrel profile -- I want to know what I'm getting before I buy.  I would definitely want whichever is the lighter one though, as I want this to be a hunting rifle, used exclusively with a can, and probably seeing a lot of night use with IR laser mounted too.  Really the 65grendel one is a little heavier than what I would have gone with if I'd spec'd it myself.

Honestly I'm pretty hesitant to throw in on either group buy unless they get combined.  There are only so many people interested in buying a barrel like this... if the market is split, I doubt either GB will hit 50.  

I will say I bought the 16" Faxon group buy barrel through the other forum, and got a rifle all put together with it yesterday.  It's a very nice looking barrel -- hope it shoots as well as it looks.  If it's anything like my other Faxon barrels it should be GTG.  We'll see this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Where are we at?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#27]
close to twenty now.
Working with John at Grendel Forum and just ironing out the details but I think we can get a ton more orders quickly over there.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Any idea on a time frame yall get this worked?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Mesh the 20" group buy too. I need that to get off the ground
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I would think by the end of the week I should hear from John on Grendel forum
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#31]
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
gentlemen great news. John the head of the 6.5Grendel.com site will be taking this over.
Below is the link to his order. This will speed up the process. Some differences are listed there but are very minor.
Price is lower too. 155+10 flat shipping for a total of 165. which is awesome. It is a 12inch not a 12.5
Please check the link and let me know if you want to continue on this group buy or the one with the Grendel. My hope is everyone will be ok
with the 6.5Grendel.com one, I will refund any difference in price to those whom have already paid, your forms will go to John directly from me
so you do not need to fill out another form. If anyone decides to proceed with the 6.5 Grendel.com one, John will be handling this from this time forward.
If you do not want to continue because you wanted the 12.5 inch barrel, let me know and I will get you a check out.
either way this is the best way to get the order in and get it done so we can get shooting. I want two, one I can use on stupid 300yard f class just for giggles.
Let me know if you guys need anything. thanks all.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?12700-Faxon-12-quot-6.5-Grendel-Group-Buy-155.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
gentlemen great news. John the head of the 6.5Grendel.com site will be taking this over.
Below is the link to his order. This will speed up the process. Some differences are listed there but are very minor.
Price is lower too. 155+10 flat shipping for a total of 165. which is awesome. It is a 12inch not a 12.5
Please check the link and let me know if you want to continue on this group buy or the one with the Grendel. My hope is everyone will be ok
with the 6.5Grendel.com one, I will refund any difference in price to those whom have already paid, your forms will go to John directly from me
so you do not need to fill out another form. If anyone decides to proceed with the 6.5 Grendel.com one, John will be handling this from this time forward.
If you do not want to continue because you wanted the 12.5 inch barrel, let me know and I will get you a check out.
either way this is the best way to get the order in and get it done so we can get shooting. I want two, one I can use on stupid 300yard f class just for giggles.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?12700-Faxon-12-quot-6.5-Grendel-Group-Buy-155.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
View Quote

Excellent work!  Glad yall go this worked out!  I'm IN.  Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

IMed you. I'm perfectly fine with the slight difference.

Appreciate the legwork

Also, hotlink

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?12700-Faxon-12-quot-6.5-Grendel-Group-Buy-155
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm out.

Will hold off for the BA as I want to only go through arfcom.

Pm sent on funds
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm out.

Pm sent on funds
View Quote

Disappointing....Will send pics....
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm out.

Pm sent on funds
View Quote

If it matters, I got in on their 16" group buy as a brand new member over there.  It was a positive experience.   I'll be getting this as well.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#37]
How blasty is the sbr 6.5 Grendel vs 5.56 or 300blk at the same length?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If it matters, I got in on their 16" group buy as a brand new member over there.  It was a positive experience.   I'll be getting this as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm out.

Pm sent on funds

This forum is full of degenerates......the grendel forum in not.  But, to each, his own....
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#39]
can everyone please let me know if you still wish to proceed so I can send over the forms to John
thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
can everyone please let me know if you still wish to proceed so I can send over the forms to John
thanks
View Quote

Triple tapping this in case you did not get my IM.

I'm still in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
thanks
View Quote

I'm still in
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Any update on this??  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#43]
all those who have paid your fund s are going to the Grendel guy tomorrow cert check, refunds in the difference go out on Monday
total count paid is twenty but another 26 committed but without funds sent as of right now

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
all those who have paid your fund s are going to the Grendel guy tomorrow cert check, refunds in the difference go out on Monday
total count paid is twenty but another 26 committed but without funds sent as of right now

View Quote

Excellent!  Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the update.  I sent BFT on the other forum my payment for 5.  

C'mon let's get this to 50.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Well we got to be getting close now
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#47]
I think so, I just sent all the funds I have to John.
I can check with him
Also refunds for the difference will be going out Monday or Montag :)
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#48]
For real this time?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#49]
im sure its probably in the thread already,but how long will the lead time be?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think so, I just sent all the funds I have to John.
I can check with him
Also refunds for the difference will be going out Monday or Montag :)
View Quote

Got my price difference refund yesterday. Thanks Nick.

Man I have my upper built now I just need my barrel. I'm excited.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top