Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2016 2:47:37 PM EDT
My LGS has 18 ' and 20' Black Hole Weaponry barrels with a stripped upper and head spaced bolt for under 400!

I had planned on building one a while back, but life got interesting and my budget is now " fundamentally transformed" so Lilja or Krieger are not options.

Do any of you folks have feed back on these barrels? google yielded mixed results, ARFCOM is often a better resource.

The intended use is deer and coyotes inside of 400 and paper as far out as I can get. Weight is an issue because even for range time I need to hike a few miles to get any distance.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I don't use them for anything but replacement shovel handles, but it's your money.

LOL!...totally kidding on that comment.  I would ask what caliber, unless I missed it.  These guys make all kinds of barrels/calibers, and that might have some impact on the response.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two in 300 Blk. Both are 8" and are very accurate. I did have some trouble getting the custom order to work how I wanted it but that won't be an issue in your case. Regardless of my difficulties these are very accurate barrels in 300. They use: "Caudle 3 land polygonal rifling, which consists of a series of arcs, instead of traditional 90 degree corners".

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My LGS has 18 ' and 20' Black Hole Weaponry barrels with a stripped upper and head spaced bolt for under 400!

I had planned on building one a while back, but life got interesting and my budget is now " fundamentally transformed" so Lilja or Krieger are not options.

Do any of you folks have feed back on these barrels? google yielded mixed results, ARFCOM is often a better resource.

The intended use is deer and coyotes inside of 400 and paper as far out as I can get. Weight is an issue because even for range time I need to hike a few miles to get any distance.

View Quote

Barrel alone is MINIMUM $355.00 , so it's a GREAT deal. BHW barrels are very accurate (best performance/ price out there), they stand behind them 100%, and the CS is phenomenal for whatever you need (had a minor issue once, they went above and beyond).

EDIT: For some reason, I'm thinking .308Win....
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Top shelf for sure. Great CS! Highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I have right on 30 of them on uppers.  I have every chambering they do in the AR. They sure work well for me on ARs and Savage tubes. I've been doing R&D for them for over four years.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. You can go to their website and then to their own discussion forums also.

Greg

PS: I'm in the process of writing a book on general reloading with an emphasis on the BHW wildcsts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 16" .223/5.56 and a 18" .308. No complaints at all. Planning on buying a 20" .223/5.56 soon for a new build.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 4 BHW barrels and love every one of them.  First rate company and local too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty happy with the 20 inch BHW barrel I put on my son's rifle.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 18 in 223 wylde.  I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
You are in the AR Variants forum. No one has any clue what caliber or even platform you are talking about. AR15? LR308? 6.5G? .308? .300BLK? 6.8SPC?

I am guessing AR-15 because that seems REAL cheap for AR/LR/SR 308 platform.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top